Full Version: [NIP Wizard] Nip served 2 months later after offence
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Louise1985
NIP Details and Circumstances
What is the name of the Constabulary? -
Date of the offence: - April 2016
Date of the NIP: - 74 days after the offence
Date you received the NIP: - 75 days after the offence
Location of offence (exact location as it appears on the NIP: important): - Birley Moor road
Was the NIP addressed to you? - Yes
Was the NIP sent by first class post, second class or recorded delivery? - First
If your are not the Registered Keeper, what is your relationship to the vehicle? -
How many current points do you have? - 0
Provide a description of events (if you know what happened) telling us as much about the incident as possible - some things that may seem trivial to you may be important, so don't leave anything out. Please do not post personal details for obvious reasons - Received nip more than 70 days after the offence. Me and my partner both use my car. No change in details so not sure why I've only just received the nip..any way I can contest it?

NIP Wizard Responses
These were the responses used by the Wizard to arrive at its recommendation:
Have you received a NIP? - Yes
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - Yes
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - No
Was there a valid reason for the NIP's late arrival? - No

NIP Wizard Recommendation
Based on these responses the Wizard suggested that this course of action should be considered:
  • The first NIP to the Registered Keeper must arrive within 14 days unless there is a valid reason why that was not possible, for example a recent change of details.

This link will take you to the advice provided by the RAC's legal team.

Generated by the PePiPoo NIP Wizard v3.3.2: Thu, 07 Jul 2016 11:01:13 +0000
peterguk
To start with, DOC REF DATE on V5C please.

Speeding? If so, limit and alleged speed.
Louise1985
I was doing 35mph in a 30mph. Not sure what dates on my v5 but I've had my car about a year
peterguk
QUOTE (Louise1985 @ Thu, 7 Jul 2016 - 12:23) *
I was doing 35mph in a 30mph. Not sure what dates on my v5 but I've had my car about a year

DOC REF DATE bottom of page 2 of V5C will confirm when you became the RK.

You could try calling them and asking why it's so late. It could be a reminder.

It's almost unheard of for a first NIP to be sent so late, so need to find the reason.
AntonyMMM
QUOTE (Louise1985 @ Thu, 7 Jul 2016 - 12:23) *
Not sure what dates on my v5 but I've had my car about a year

You need to check exactly what it says and when any updates were made - 1st NIPS don't get sent out after 75 days, there will be a reason.

That speed will be an offer of a Speed Awareness Course (assuming you haven't recently done one).
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.