Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Please help! Advice regarding code 40
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Cburde16
Hello there.
I am new here, found this website as I have trying to find out some information regarding a parking ticket I got today. I parked in a disabled space in a side street today and it had a maximum time limit of 3 hours with no return within 1 hour. It didn't state anywhere that I needed to show a clock with my badge. I came back within 2 hours of being parked there displaying my badge properly and found I had a ticket. It was a ticket with a 70.00 fine stating the reason as being I didn't show my badge in the prescribed manner. I have never had a ticket before and never received a clock part as I was told by council they don't supply them and I could buy one but it's not necessary. I wouldn't have parked there had I have known I couldn't park without timer! I understand that people may abuse the system and park there all day ibut I can prove how long I was there for and I was Wondering what you think my chances would be of bEing able To dispute? The ticket officer only viewed the vehicle for 1 minute about 1 hour after I had been parked there. I have parked there before with no issues. Thank you
John U.K.
As usual, for best advice please post up PCN (both sides)

Do not attach docs/photos, but use this method:
Photo or scan. see http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=36858&st=0
for how to do it. I use Tinypic for stage 2 with no problems.
STAGE 1 takes care of resizing. If you use Tinypic for Stage 2, on the left each image in Tinypic is a list of links. Highlight and copy the entire link 'for forums' from the list for each image, and paste each link into your post. Each copied and pasted link will embed a thumbnail link in your post.

Using the attachment method is not advised as it means quickly running out of attachment space.
Redact/obscure personal details, PCN no. Reg No.

Also post up a GSV (Google Street View) link to the location.
LEAVE IN all dates/times; precise location, Contravention code and description.
DancingDad
and never received a clock part as I was told by council they don't supply them and I could buy one but it's not necessary

Pardon ????
Not required in Scotland but is in rest of UK

The clock is a specific part of the BB system and is as much a key component as the BB itself.
At least in England and Wales.

So some more details please.
Like the PCN, location, streetview link, where the BB was issued from and what guidance booklet came with it.
hcandersen
OP, we'll help if possible, but let's be realistic. Of course you know, at least you are presumed to know, that by virtue of holding a BB and having been issued with the booklet parking in time-limited bays requires the display of a clock. It stands to reason doesn't it, otherwise how would the authority know for how long you had been parked if you hadn't marked this time on the clock when you did?

https://www.gov.uk/government/uploads/syste...nsibilities.PDF

(applies to England. Wales and Scotland have similar, you can google these if necessary)

So we can put this to one side.

But if you can establish when you parked then the likelihood is that the authority would cancel the PCN in response to a suitably worded challenge.

As per other posters, the basic docs and photos pl.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.