Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking Eye Letter Before County Court Claim
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
someoldboy19843
Hi Guys,

I've been sent a letter dated a few days ago which is the 'Letter Before County Court Claim'. It seems to reference 'breach of terms and conditions at XXXXX location' from the start of May.

I can't even remember this and there are a few people that the same car. I've not had any other letters and also had no contact with Parking Eye. I do have 14 days to make a £100 payment or they will take me to court.

I'm not sure what to do and what is the best way to proceed, any help would be much appreciated.

Thanks,

D
Jlc
A robust reply is required if you haven't received any previous paperwork. Do not ignore a LBCCC.

Have you moved recently or has the car changed ownership around the time of the alleged contravention?
SchoolRunMum
Where was it? Morrisons or other retailer? If so, they can cancel this but you need to complain urgently or PE will proceed to a claim.

And re the LBCCC, email PE on enforcement@parkingeye.co.uk and state that you are the keeper but have never received any letters about this nor had a chance to appeal. Ask them for copies of the letters and in the same email (WITHOUT saying who was driving) provide them with the Blue badge and/or the receipts/bank statement proof of spending in any shops on site and tell them you will be complaining to those retailers.

Or was it a Welcome Break or somewhere non-retail?

someoldboy19843
Thanks for the responses.

No I've not moved house and I've owned the car for over 5 years. Think letters just go missing in the post, regularly.

It was at a hotel, maybe I need to check bank statements.

Are there any templates to form a response from for a LBCCC?

Thanks for all the help!

My bank statement does show a transaction from that date for the cost of a drink.

Can't even remember it.
SchoolRunMum
No template, just email PE and tell them you were a genuine patron of the Hotel.

Was any friend or colleague staying there who met you that day/did any person with you in your party spend more that day in the Hotel? Showing the total spend of your group would be better than just one drink of yours.

Do the email URGENTLY don;t think there is a set template to wait for or look for, you need to get the email exchange going using that email addy I gave you, asap.
nosferatu1001
Have you complained to the ROyal Mail about post going missing?

If not, do so. Now. If you miss a NIP then its best to have shown you have a history BEFORE the issue of the NIP, in case you get a failure to furnish charge.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.