Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Incorect spelling of name (NIP)
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Nigel Williams
Hi - i have just received a Notice of Intended Prosecution letter for travelling at 50mph in a 40mph limit. On the address, ny name is spelt as NIEGL instead of NIGEL. Can i return the letter stating 'not known at this address'? or is there a loophole that i can use to get out of paying the fine and receiving the 6 points. Many thanks
The Slithy Tove
Won't help one bit. You know it's for you, and any mucking around will certainly net you 6 points and several hundred pounds fine. 50 in a 40 may be eligible for a speed awareness course, and certainly no more than 3 points if you go down the COFP route.
peterguk
QUOTE (Nigel Williams @ Fri, 24 Jun 2016 - 13:08) *
On the address, ny name is spelt as NIEGL instead of NIGEL.

Out of interest, how is your name spelt on your V5C?
southpaw82
QUOTE (Nigel Williams @ Fri, 24 Jun 2016 - 13:08) *
Hi - i have just received a Notice of Intended Prosecution letter for travelling at 50mph in a 40mph limit. On the address, ny name is spelt as NIEGL instead of NIGEL. Can i return the letter stating 'not known at this address'? or is there a loophole that i can use to get out of paying the fine and receiving the 6 points. Many thanks

You can but they'll either reissue it in the correct name or you'll end up with six points and a big fine.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.