Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Timeout system
FightBack Forums > Discussion > The Flame Pit
Freddredd
This is a net advertised for 67 pounds as a guaranteed , money back way of defending minor speeding cases , a few mph over the limit .
Has anyone any experience of it ?
Jlc
The disclaimer at the bottom sums it up.

I suspect it will be claptrap about asking for 'Calibration certificates' or ways of getting oneself in deep doo doo.
Bipolar
Make sure it comes with some free snake oil before you purchase.
andy_foster
Please do not post random dumb questions in a forum for active cases. Any questions related to your case should be posted in the thread you started for that case (such that it is).

If you are not sure which forum is appropriate, it probably belongs in the Flame Pit.

Morbid curiosity made me try to make sense of your question - apparently there is some scam where for £67 someone guarantees to get you off a speeding ticket, you want to know whether this scam is legit or not, and seem to have provided no means whatsoever to identify the particular scam in question.

If you read through the News and Press Articles section, you will no doubt find several reports of criminal prosecutions for scams similar to the one you appear to be asking about, where large numbers of tickets are passed through the same nominated drivers until the speeding case times out and the operators of the scams and those that partook of their services get sent to prison.

If it is a serious question, then I have a bridge for sale that you might be interested.
Gan
If it works you've spent £67 and had a day in court
If it doesn't work, you're spending about £400 by the time costs and victim support charge are added to a fine that's about double the fixed penalty offer

Alternatives :

1 Accept COFP for £100/3 points - time taken is just a trip to the Post Office
2 Accept Speed Awareness Course offer for similar cost - £30 more than the product. A day out of your life but genuinely 100% guaranteed to avoid a speeding prosecution
It isn't even £67 - it's £80.40 including VAT.

Contrary to government and ASA pricing codes.
Christian_d
This seems to be the website. http://www.tickettimeout.com/ticket/

It's rather like that Chinese baby scam where the company claimed to improve your chances of conceiving a baby boy (for thousands of Yen) and if they failed....they offered a full refund.

So they refunded 50% (all the girls) and kept the other half, laughing all the way to to the bank. laugh.gif

DancingDad
I like the bit about the infamous hand held Gatso
andy_foster
Ahh, Dan Strauss - not to be confused with Adam Blair or Ian O'Grady - who might not even all be the same person. If you're feeling bored, why not pop their names into the search box.

I haven't bothered to read the absolute bullsh*t on his site, but it is almost certainly a risk free, full refund if it doesn't work guaranteed, absolutely nothing to lose deal, except that you risk going to prison, and you never get your money back.
Jlc
My guess was providing a list of people allegedly driving using up the all of the 28 days to get a 6 months 'timeout'. But as noted the nominations would appear to be false and could result in something far more serious that a driving charge but some people seem to be prepared to take the risk.

There's the other approach were you try and get yourself in the 'too hard' pile to not be prosecuted but nowadays that is called the straight to summons pile...
The Rookie
Its very easy to guarantee getting out of a (camera based) speeding charge if you don't mind an MS90 conviction code, or worse still a conviction for attempting to pervert the course of justice.

Anyone know what a rogue speed camera is? I have visions of one guarding the streets and machine gunning anything that triggers it while shouting 'I am the law'......but maybe I have a vivid imagination!
Gan
The government-approved course you can take to AVOID getting points on your licence (Details on page 16)

The NIP will include this information
Shame that it may not be offered if you give the impression that it will be refused - by writing letters, for example

Addresses and website links of commercial and legal resources (to help you avoid fines, court appearances and penalty points on your licence) (Pages 19-20)

They will appear for you and charge only 4x to 10x the amount of a fixed penalty offer

Individuals that invested £80 to download twenty pages of this rubbish will next week consider our relationship with Europe
The Rookie
Is it a government approved course?
Freddredd
Quite frankly Andy Foster its your sort of reply which means I wont be using this forum again. This was unnecessarily sarcastic, for a poster who has only been on the site for a few days , and is not used to the complex etiquette on this site with difficult to find instructions. The question was genuine ,if my naivety offended you and was in the wrong place , I'm sorry, but I thought this was a supportive , motoring forum where we helped each. I was wrong its obviously a site where posters try to show how clever they are.

I'm out !
Bipolar
QUOTE (Freddredd @ Wed, 15 Jun 2016 - 21:25) *
I'm out !

Gan
OP secretly returned at 07.40 to check for apologies
Fredd
, for a poster who has only been on the site for a few days , and is not used to the complex etiquette on this site with difficult to find instructions.

I'm always bemused by comments like this, when every new member receives the PM below when they register, with a pop-up notifying them of it when they first log in. And there's a free-format search box at the top of every single page!

Congratulations on successfully completing the registration process. As a Registered Member you're now able to post messages in the public forums, and send private messages to other members.

Before you rush off to do so, though, please take the time to understand a few simple rules we ask everyone to respect - it will save you time, and get you off to a good start with other members!
  • Abide by the Forum Terms of Use. We didn't write them for fun, they aren't tough, and we do require everyone to stick to them.
  • Take a look at the articles in the READ THIS FIRST - Frequently Asked Questions section. You may well find that your question has been answered there already, and there are also some helpful tips about using the forums (including how to post a message).
  • One case, one topic. This means that if you've posted details of your case then when something changes you should add a reply to your existing thread - don't start a new one. This keeps all the details in one place and makes it easier for people to help you. You can find your previous threads by clicking on your underlined username, under the PePiPoo banner at the top, once you have logged in.
  • Don't hijack someone else's topic. Keep any replies you post relevant to that topic - don't lead the conversation off onto another subject or your own situation.
  • Use the Search facility before you ask questions or post an item of news. You won't make yourself popular by posting something that's been covered a dozen times before!
  • If you've registered because you're looking for information about your own case, other members are going to need some basic information so that they can help you. If you've received a Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) then our NIP Wizard will take you through a series of questions, and will also (if you wish) produce a forum post for you with the details you provide.
Once again, {username}, welcome to the forums, and we hope that you enjoy using them and find the information here helpful.

This message was sent from an unattended mailbox - please do not reply to this message.

Unzippy
QUOTE (Fredd @ Thu, 16 Jun 2016 - 08:24) *
, for a poster who has only been on the site for a few days , and is not used to the complex etiquette on this site with difficult to find instructions.

I'm always bemused by comments like this, when every new member receives the PM below when they register, with a pop-up notifying them of it when they first log in. And there's a free-format search box at the top of every single page!

Congratulations on successfully completing the registration process. As a Registered Member you're now able to post messages in the public forums, and send private messages to other members.

Before you rush off to do so, though, please take the time to understand a few simple rules we ask everyone to respect - it will save you time, and get you off to a good start with other members!
  • Abide by the Forum Terms of Use. We didn't write them for fun, they aren't tough, and we do require everyone to stick to them.
  • Take a look at the articles in the READ THIS FIRST - Frequently Asked Questions section. You may well find that your question has been answered there already, and there are also some helpful tips about using the forums (including how to post a message).
  • One case, one topic. This means that if you've posted details of your case then when something changes you should add a reply to your existing thread - don't start a new one. This keeps all the details in one place and makes it easier for people to help you. You can find your previous threads by clicking on your underlined username, under the PePiPoo banner at the top, once you have logged in.
  • Don't hijack someone else's topic. Keep any replies you post relevant to that topic - don't lead the conversation off onto another subject or your own situation.
  • Use the Search facility before you ask questions or post an item of news. You won't make yourself popular by posting something that's been covered a dozen times before!
  • If you've registered because you're looking for information about your own case, other members are going to need some basic information so that they can help you. If you've received a Notice of Intended Prosecution (NIP) then our NIP Wizard will take you through a series of questions, and will also (if you wish) produce a forum post for you with the details you provide.
Once again, {username}, welcome to the forums, and we hope that you enjoy using them and find the information here helpful.

This message was sent from an unattended mailbox - please do not reply to this message.

People don't read.
Fredd
QUOTE (Unzippy @ Thu, 16 Jun 2016 - 09:27) *
People don't read.

Clearly that's very true, going by all the thread hijacking and duplicate posting that happens. It does still seem strange, though, to complain about instructions being hard to find when they pop up right in front of you the first time you log in - even if you do then decide not to read them!
southpaw82
Perhaps there could be some sort of fine charge levied for trespassing in hijacking a thread. Perhaps some sort of PCN notice could be sent to transgressors before suing them to recover the loot charge. Do it enough and (a) people will set up a forum to complain about it and (b) Pepitec can be sold to Crapita Capita for millions.
Kickaha
QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Thu, 16 Jun 2016 - 13:28) *
Perhaps there could be some sort of fine charge levied for trespassing in hijacking a thread. Perhaps some sort of PCN notice could be sent to transgressors before suing them to recover the loot charge. Do it enough and (a) people will set up a forum to complain about it and (b) Pepitec can be sold to Crapita Capita for millions.

You could offer an online Posting Awareness Course for first time transgressors (at a inflated reasonable cost of course).

From the site linked

According to statistics from The Daily Telegraph online (from August 8th 2008), a staggering 1,773,412 million drivers were convicted and issued fixed penalty speeding fines in 2006

Thats a lot of fines!
The Rookie
You can't be convicted and offered a fixed penalty (assuming it was accepted)...still not let's allow the facts to get into a story in a newspaper!
Fredd
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Thu, 16 Jun 2016 - 21:04) *
You can't be convicted and offered a fixed penalty (assuming it was accepted)...still not let's allow the facts to get into a story in a newspaper!

Particularly when such tempting ideas for ripping off monetising offering value added services to our victims valued members have been proposed!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.