Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PPC issued by APCOA at Brough Station, failure to park in a bay
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Fewietiger
Hi guys, found this forum following a Google search and have looked around but can't seem to find any information that helps in my specific set of circumstances so I've started this thread for advice.

I am the registered keeper of a car that has been issued a ticket at Brough Train Station, East Yorks for failure to park the car within a marked bay. The car park was full at the time of entering, regardless a ticket was bought covering the full time required and the car parked upon a verge, in a location that provided no obstruction to any other user of the car park. This was 9am approximately.

The Car was ticketed at 9:45am for failure to park in bay, the ticket issued as a result of the breach of terms and conditions to park in a marked bay. At the 1st available opportunity the vehicle was moved by a family member into a bay, this was at 6pm. The car remained for the duration of the paid parking in the spot until taken back from the car park by the original driver.

Given this set of circumstances do I have any right to appeal? Should I wait for the RK notification and then challenge on the grounds of relevant land? Should I appeal now on the basis the fine does not represent the genuine loss to APCOA (or the party for whom they act)? Or should I just settle the fine now whilst the discount period applies?
SchoolRunMum
Forget 'no genuine loss' as that ship has sailed - but APCOA are a cinch to beat and they scurry away as soon as they see a forum POPLA appeal (second stage).

Of course you appeal, just send the blue template appeal from MSE in the NEWBIES thread:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=4816822

Here's a forum appeal they didn't like and threw in the towel this past week:

http://forums.moneysavingexpert.com/showthread.php?t=5439689

But that's for POPLA stage. For now, wait THREE WEEKS (the MSE thread tells you why) and then submit the blue writing BPA firms template appeal. You'll win in the end.
emanresu
failure to park the car within a marked bay.

What do the signs say? Are there clear instructions to park within a bay because if there are not, there is no breach.
Fewietiger
The sign does state to park within a bay
emanresu
OK its an appeal then. See SchoolRunMum's advice in #2. Since this is a Train Station, bylaws and not the normal Beavis contract applies so you want to appeal and string this out for 6 months. Search for more Rail threads and you'll see.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.