Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speeding again
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Goffy
Im an eejit, this i know.

A month ago i was clocked speeding on my way to work, I was on the A65 in Kendal and I received a NIP and the offer of a speed awareness course which I've booked. I was on a dual carriageway that went to a single track several times, adn when they got me i was just coming off the dual carriageway, and i know i should have slowed down earlier, but i didnt, hey ho.

Today Ive got another one. This is for speeding on Saturday just gone. 80 in a 70. I was in Gloucester on a dual carriageway and I distinctly remember this as there was a very lovely old Ford Granada, lowered, gorgeous wheels, very loud pipe etc that we had been admiring. I ended up a few cars behind it all doing around 50mph, so I overtook them - then saw the camera which was too late.

Am i likely to be offered a FPN and 3 points? Or will they prosecute me as its my 2nd in the space of a month?

I WILL be a lot more careful in future!

Thank yooo.
The Rookie
It will be an FPN (or actually a Conditional offer of a fixed penalty but effectively the same from your point of view), it would only be straight to court if you were already on 9 or more points.
Goffy
QUOTE (The Rookie @ Fri, 20 May 2016 - 10:06) *
It will be an FPN (or actually a Conditional offer of a fixed penalty but effectively the same from your point of view), it would only be straight to court if you were already on 9 or more points.

Thanks Rookie, I have a clean licence, so ill take the FPN, thank you
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.