Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN Restricted Street
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
eugopnosaj
Hi all, I am wondering if you can help.

I have received 2 parking violations on 2 consecutive days (I do not use my car during the week as I get the train into work).

The parking ticket describes the offense as being 'parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours'. The entire area is permit controlled between the hours 10am - 2pm Mon - Fri, CPZ J (Richmond).

I have a residents parking permit for this particular zone CPZ. The car was parked on a single yellow line however as described on the Richmond council website as 'Single yellow lines operate for the hours shown on signs by the line, or for the hours of the Community Parking Zone (CPZ) which they are in' Yellow Lines however as you can see in the attached photos there are no signs designating the hours of restrictions for the yellow lines, and as such they fall under the control of the CPZ and as already stated I have got a permit which allows me to park on such.

The yellow lines and CPZ controlled bays with the times shown about are not controlled weekends so anyone can park there.

The ticket also isn't very clear about the contravention and after I phoned the parking helpline for Richmond, i asked out right if parking on a single yellow line could be the reason for the fine and they said they didn't know.

Thanks!

Neil B
QUOTE (eugopnosaj @ Sat, 14 May 2016 - 19:32) *
as such they fall under the control of the CPZ and as already stated I have got a permit which allows me to park on such.

Doh, NO, you don't.

What made you think a permit allows you to contravene a SY restriction?
Neil B
You may have a case to get one cancelled if the vehicle didn't move.
eugopnosaj
QUOTE (Neil B @ Sat, 14 May 2016 - 19:47) *
QUOTE (eugopnosaj @ Sat, 14 May 2016 - 19:32) *
as such they fall under the control of the CPZ and as already stated I have got a permit which allows me to park on such.

Doh, NO, you don't.

What made you think a permit allows you to contravene a SY restriction?

Ok wrong choice of words but based on the details on their website the SY follows the guidelines based on the CPZ. The car has been moved since to avoid getting any more but there's no signs to state it couldn't be parked there and as stated the website says the SY follows the CPZ so I wish to appeal. The car was parked there on a weekend where no restrictions apply and I forgot to move it so I checked the guidelines online and found the information about the CPZ.

What would be the best way of doing this? What should I say?
hcandersen
Pl post a link to this website so that we may read it.

But for info here is there publicly available website for parking permits:

http://www.richmond.gov.uk/home/services/p...ermit_guide.htm

As you will see and already know (you don't need a webite to tell you because the Ts and Cs of the permit were made clear to you when you applied and are probably written on its reverse even now) a permit may not, never, ever, no way etc, be used to legitimise parking on a SYL.

So let's see the website you consulted pl.

eugopnosaj
I didn't say I could park on a SY nor that the permit allowed me to, re reading how I wrote it I can see how it comes across that way. I meant the permit allows me to park under the guidelines of the CPZ etc.

However I think perhaps I've misinterpreted the guidelines thinking that since there are no times shown the SY follows the actual 'rules' of the CPZ as noted here http://www.richmond.gov.uk/home/services/p...pcn_faq.htm#syl and http://www.richmond.gov.uk/cpz however now I think it is just the times rather than being able to park if you have a permit? Is that correct? Or am I still not understanding something? I know ignorance is never an excuse but like I said perhaps it's not been fully understood.

So based on that understanding if I cannot contest it, although the charge iant clear as to why its been issued and doesnt state because of parking on a single yellow, then you mentioned I could perhaps contest to get 1 removed?
DancingDad
The CPZ entry signs show times when the Single Yellows are restricted barring local signs on an individual yellow line.
That is all the CPZ signs do.
Se we really need to know what times are on the CPZ signs?
eugopnosaj
Sorry I'm not sure what you are asking? The times on the CPZ are 10 - 2. There are no other signs and no signs for the yellow lines.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.