Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NIP reminder letter (Scotland)
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
danny182
Afternoon folks, been a while since i've had to ask advice on here!

Anyway, i was stopped on the M8 heading West little over a week ago, the odd thing is, the traffic officers that pulled me told me i was doing 80 in a 50 yet opted to prosecute me for careless driving. I'd have imagined they would have shafted me for doing 80 in a 50 rather than careless driving surely...? The offence code is 30002 if that helps at all, it was a bit vague to be honest.

Do you receive a reminder within XX amount of days? I have absolutely no idea what i've done with the pink slip and i'm offshore at present..!

I recall years ago i receved a reminder but i really don't want this to escalate beyond the three points and £100 i was offered, for whichever charge it actually was?!

Thanks in advance!

Danny
Jlc
There's no requirement to issue any reminders.

What was the 'pink slip'? Sounds like a fixed penalty offer?

If so, then if the offer is not accepted then the matter refers to prosecution. If you've had a 3 points £100 offer for that excess then you'd want to grab that!

That excess is usually straight to court and as you have found out they do pursue larger excesses as careless/dangerous.
The Rookie
If you've genuinely lost the slip you need to try and get a new one issued by contacting them if you can, otherwise its very likely you'll be off to court and it's going to cost a lot more, worse case is if they go for dangerous driving when it's a years ban.
Pete D
Read:
http://www.scottishdrivinglaw.co.uk/legal-...penalty-notice/
Pete D
The Rookie
Noting that the pink slip isn't actually a fixed penalty notice but an offer to provide one upon surrender of the licence, when the licence is surrendered it then (for most forces) magically becomes a fixed penalty notice, though that is rather pedantry it is relevant to whether the OP HAS to respond to it or 'may like' to.
Kieran_e1
I assume this must be toward the glasgow end of the M8. If so then USUALLY you get a 2nd chance offer from the fiscal as they can't be arsed with court. that said it's normally for normal speeding type affairs. you may not get so lucky.

can they increase the charge to dangerous if he's only been cautioned for Careless? I know they can downgrade but didn't realise they could upgrade too/
Jlc
QUOTE (Kieran_e1 @ Wed, 11 May 2016 - 14:42) *
can they increase the charge to dangerous if he's only been cautioned for Careless? I know they can downgrade but didn't realise they could upgrade too/

They are statutory alternatives.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.