Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN - Stopped on a restricted bus stop/stand - camera enforcement
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
matthewcohen
Dear all,

I was wondering whether you could help? I was filmed "stopped" in a bus stand in Hampstead as I was attempting to perform a U-Turn. I don't think I was technically stopped, as two of the photos are taken from a different location in the bus stand, and the final photo shows my car turning round. Would you be able to help? I will upload the PCN in the next post, there is a problem with my upload allowance.

Thanks in advance

John U.K.
there is a problem with my upload allowance.

As usual, for best advice please post up PCN (both sides)

Do not attach docs/photos, but use this method:
Photo or scan. see http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=36858&st=0
for how to do it. I use Tinypic for stage 2 with no problems.
STAGE 1 takes care of resizing. If you use Tinypic for Stage 2, on the left each image in Tinypic is a list of links. Highlight and copy the entire link 'for forums' from the list for each image, and paste each link into your post. Each copied and pasted link will embed a thumbnail link in your post.

Using the attachment method is not advised as it means quickly running out of attachment space.
Redact/obscure personal details, PCN no. Reg No.

Also post up a GSV (Google Street View) link to the location.
LEAVE IN all dates/times; precise location, Contravention code and description.

matthewcohen
John, many thanks. I managed to rectify this issue.
best regards
Jo Carn
I can't tell from the PCN the time on the images they sent. What is the time from the first image to your turn?
Certainly worth a challenge.
You were not stopped - you were at a standstill whilst awaiting other road users to pass in order to perform a manoeuvre. Remember, they have not accused you of performing an illegal manoeuvre.
If you were waiting to turn right but traffic doesn't permit you - have you stopped?
If you are at a bus stop and pedestrians are crossing in front of you for two minutes, have you stopped?
I'm sure you will get better advice!
John U.K.
The video, (assuming there is one) will be the primary evidence. Therefore you must find out if they will send you a copy, and must view (formal arrangements for viewing if they won't send a copy are on the PCN).
If phoning don't be drawn into any discussion about the merits of the PCN, confine yourself to the question of accessing the video.
--------

The photos on the PCN are a bit small - any chance of your scanning just the photos and enlarging to show timings and then posting here?
matthewcohen
The photo's aren't clear but the time's shown are as followed:

Top left - 11:50:55
Bottom left - 11:50:57
Top Right - 11:51:04
Bottom Right - 11:52:05

I have access to the video but I am waiting to get home (need internet explorer 8 to use)

matthewcohen
I cannot view the CCTV footage, so I have submitted a challenge to the PCN on the basis that I can't view the footage and have requested a CD of the CCTV
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.