Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Dartford crossing PCN?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
vise
Hi all,

I've just got a letter for a £107.50 fine from Dartford, looked online and it turns out I also have 3 x £75 fines...

I've heard that 80% of people who appeal are successful, well I signed up to Dartford and top up the account as necessary, sometimes I forget how much is in it and it goes in minus and I just top it up next time I login.

Here is my account history, however the letters are saying northbound etc, so it only counts one way and not the other on my account... how is this my fault exactly? Surely it should record all of my crossings, not just one way? (as shown below):

I refuse to pay them £350 - so can anyone give me any advice please, it'd truly be appreciated? More so as I've just paid £107.50 to them, I'm not paying another £350 when it's their fault not mine that they haven't recorded them.
Jlc
This thread should be in the council / decrim forum.

Be very careful about refusing to pay (under certain circumstances) as they will escalate rapidly and bailiffs may get involved.

I don't understand what you mean about their fault? If they've failed to register a crossing then that's in your benefit.
vise
QUOTE (Jlc @ Sat, 16 Apr 2016 - 14:06) *
This thread should be in the council / decrim forum.

Be very careful about refusing to pay (under certain circumstances) as they will escalate rapidly and bailiffs may get involved.

I don't understand what you mean about their fault? If they've failed to register a crossing then that's in your benefit.

Sorry, I will PM a moderator now!
I'm not refusing to them, I'm just refusing if there's a way around it. I just don't think it's fair that I'll have to pay £430 for 5 crossings? When really they should be on my account, as you can see, my account has been registered since 2014 and I'm a local resident to the bridge (within 5 miles), I applied for a resident account and never heard back. I've always used the same plate etc, private registration so they can't say I changed that.
peterguk
QUOTE (vise @ Sat, 16 Apr 2016 - 13:58) *
sometimes I forget how much is in it and it goes in minus and I just top it up next time I login.

So there are times when they can't take payment due to your lack of attention?
vise
QUOTE (peterguk @ Sat, 16 Apr 2016 - 14:14) *
sometimes I forget how much is in it and it goes in minus and I just top it up next time I login.

So there are times when they can't take payment due to your lack of attention?

Well I put £20 on my account and then applied for a local resident in January 2015 - I've used the bridge a handful of times in my life, so really I wouldn't expect it to go in to minus. But even when I do go in to minus, it still puts the crossings on the account, I just then pay it. And this was when they were allowing late payments still due to the system change.
Jlc
I believe they have started enforcing more recently - 'going negative' means a PCN will be generated. (Unless paid by midnight the following day)

I've found them quite helpful when contacting them but see what the guys in the decrim forum say first.
Logician
If you used the automatic top-up facility you would avoid this hassle and expense. Beyond the fact that they have not replied to your local resident application it is difficult to see what Dartcharge have done wrong, this seems down to your laid back attitude to making payments.
SatNavSam
QUOTE (Logician @ Sat, 16 Apr 2016 - 14:49) *
If you used the automatic top-up facility you would avoid this hassle and expense. Beyond the fact that they have not replied to your local resident application it is difficult to see what Dartcharge have done wrong, this seems down to your laid back attitude to making payments.

Auto top up works well for me.
Neil B
the letters are saying

Letters?
PASTMYBEST
post up all the documents PCN's Charge Certificates whatever you have let us check there adherence to the regs
Incandescent
I think OP needs to realise that his Dartford account is not like a bank account with an overdraft facility; funds must be there to pay for the crossings. As said by others, it is a puzzle to me why OP didn't take up the auto-top-up facility.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.