Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How long to receive details of poss speed awareness course?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
AmboGuy
Hi,

Ok so I've just been caught speeding (62 in 50mph limit), it's a fair cop and I've owned upto it.

I was caught last year for sp50 and got 3 points. I hadn't updated my address on the Reg Keepers details so it took 4 months to come through.

I know that you can't be offered 2 speed awareness courses in 3 years but what about if you've been caught speeding twice in 2 years but didn't previously do the course? I have done a speed awareness course but that was back in 2011 so is out the 3 year rule.

Anyone know if I am still eligible? I got the letter today and filled it in and sent it off straight away as I know it's best to get it done ASAP.

Any feedback appreciated,

Cheers
southpaw82
Should be fine. You can't attend more than one in any three year period, nothing says you can't be offered more than one.
squaredeal
QUOTE (southpaw82 @ Thu, 7 Apr 2016 - 21:41) *
Should be fine. You can't attend more than one in any three year period, nothing says you can't be offered more than one.

Although the offer won't be forthcoming if the time limit for admission input has expired. Could be 3 months, could be 4.
AmboGuy
QUOTE (squaredeal @ Thu, 7 Apr 2016 - 22:55) *

Although the offer won't be forthcoming if the time limit for admission input has expired. Could be 3 months, could be 4.

Sorry square deal, what do you mean?
typefish
QUOTE (AmboGuy @ Thu, 7 Apr 2016 - 22:58) *

He's suggesting that if you leave taking up the offer for a SAC rather late in the day, you'd risk missing out.

The Police like to leave a period of time between taking a SAC and the deadline for prosecuting a speeding offence, just in case you're being "unco-operative" or something along those lines and the police feel that it's in the best interest to prosecute in place of an unsuccessful attendance.
AmboGuy
QUOTE (typefish @ Thu, 7 Apr 2016 - 23:15) *
QUOTE (AmboGuy @ Thu, 7 Apr 2016 - 22:58) *

He's suggesting that if you leave taking up the offer for a SAC rather late in the day, you'd risk missing out.

The Police like to leave a period of time between taking a SAC and the deadline for prosecuting a speeding offence, just in case you're being "unco-operative" or something along those lines and the police feel that it's in the best interest to prosecute in place of an unsuccessful attendance.

Ah ok I see. I updated my VC5 last year after the mistake so that's all up to date and there wouldn't be any more delays. I was caught on Monday 4th (literally 3 days ago) and I've sent it off today first class so that's not an issue.

Does anyone know if 62 mph in a 50 might be over the criteria for a course?
peterguk
QUOTE (AmboGuy @ Thu, 7 Apr 2016 - 23:23) *
Does anyone know if 62 mph in a 50 might be over the criteria for a course?

You're inside the limit for a SAC.
typefish
I'd reckon that'd be just within the guidelines for a SAC. Usually they're offered up to 110% + 9mph of any given speed limit.
AmboGuy
QUOTE (typefish @ Thu, 7 Apr 2016 - 23:35) *
I'd reckon that'd be just within the guidelines for a SAC. Usually they're offered up to 110% + 9mph of any given speed limit.

Ok ta well fingers crossed they'll offer me a SAC. If I get points I'll have 9 and that's a very scary place to be !
AmboGuy
Hi,

I got caught speeding last week (I was so I'm not disputing this). I sent the speeding ticket back first class the same day as getting it through as I think I could get offered a SAC instead of points.

It's been over a week now, would I have heard back already if they were going to offer a SAC? I know the places on these courses go quick so don't want any further delay.

andy_foster
You've started a duplicate thread!

Original thread here
AmboGuy
Oops sorry.

Well any ideas??
squaredeal
QUOTE (AmboGuy @ Fri, 15 Apr 2016 - 19:39) *
Oops sorry.

Well any ideas??

Yes
Be patient.
If you haven't had a response within the next 14 days give them a call / email to check your response has been received.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.