Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bus Lane PCN - Sheffield Centre
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
reelking1994
Hi there,

Today I received a buslane PCN, whilst I have no qualms with the fact I committed the offence, it was unintentional and I don't believe I was given a reasonable opportunity to avoid the bus gate. If I was aware I obviously would not have gone through it. Also the bus lane sign-age is only temporary (as shown in pictures)

Just wondering if there are any grounds for appeal or if I should just pay @ the reduced rate sad.gif

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment
PASTMYBEST
Post up the other side of the PCN Also get the video, does it show the signs
reelking1994
On the image still of the video you can see the sign..

PCN image uploaded

Thankyou!
Incandescent
The signs are not temporary, they only open to display the restriction when it is in operation. The second photo on your PCN shows the signs open.

Advance sign on West Street is here: -

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.3802389,-...33;8i6656?hl=en

As you can see, you should have turned off right just before the bus gate between 4-6.30 pm Mon-Fri. Between these times the signs are revealed. Your PCN shows the alleged contravention time is 18.03, well within the restricted period.

Bus lane PCNs have only a single formal appeal option and it is up to councils whether they re-offer the discount if an appeal is made within the discount period. I see nothing to appeal on, other than mitigation - stranger to Sheffield, didn't notice the signs as trying to find my way, etc.

This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.