Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: How long do you wait ?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
nissan
Think ive been caught doing 30+ in a 20 (Roadworks TEMP speed limit) camera van end of road,how long before i get notice through post ? Thanks.
DIPPER
They have to serve the NIP in 14 days if you are the RK
nissan
Thanks for that,it a works hire car, do i still have to receive NIP personally within 14 days ?
patdavies
QUOTE (nissan @ Wed, 12 Apr 2006 - 14:50) *
Thanks for that,it a works hire car, do i still have to receive NIP personally within 14 days ?

No. As Dipper has said, the registered keeper (the name on the registration document) must receive a NIP within 14 days. After that they can both take their time and use second class post.
nissan
QUOTE (patdavies @ Wed, 12 Apr 2006 - 14:59) *
QUOTE (nissan @ Wed, 12 Apr 2006 - 14:50) *

No. As Dipper has said, the registered keeper (the name on the registration document) must receive a NIP within 14 days. After that they can both take their time and use second class post.

Thanks,so baically, its 3 points + a fine ( By the way the camera van was parked on the footpath) any grounds for illegal parking/obstruction etc etc ?
Rallyman72
No unfortunately
nissan
I was travelling towards back of van(two cameras in back) will they have photo of driver ? It didnt flash.
Thanks.
Rallyman72
Two cameras mounted side by side looking through the tops of the back doors like this?

it most likely isn't a speed camera set up it's ANPR.

Generally mobile units don't flash unless it is a portable gatso.
nissan
Yes RallyMan exactlly the same as van in pic!! whats ANPR tho ? sorry new to this! Many thanks for help tho bud!
Trumpetman21
QUOTE (nissan @ Thu, 13 Apr 2006 - 14:22) *
Yes RallyMan exactlly the same as van in pic!! whats ANPR tho ? sorry new to this! Many thanks for help tho bud!

ANPR = Automatic Number Plate Recognition.

If you have been a naughty boy with no tax or insurance these boys will get you should you drive-by, good news really in my book.

P.S. Had to laugh at 'Crime Cameras' emblazoned all over the back of the van - classic! biggrin.gif
Rallyman72
Automated Number Plate Recognition - used to check for no MOT, untaxed, uninsured and 'of interest' cars. Basically they are looking for those who are known to be criminals either by having a registration number that is known to the police or by using an untaxed car or one without an MOT or insurance.

At present I do feel some support for the system. It is alleged to be a system not to be feared but I would say "at the moment" as they are planning to use it to track where and when we all travel around the country. As far as I am concerned all that means is that I will use the country lanes more, enjoy my journeys more (even if they do take a little longer) and burn a lot more fuel as I have FUN scooting around enjoyable roads instead of along boring motorways thus avoiding the fixed ANPR cameras that are already in a lot of places and are being added to daily. Might upset one or two locals as well due to pollution (my main car's a diesel!).

The only time I will use motorways and dual carriageways a lot is either on my daily commute (that's when the A14 isn't blocked) or when towing my rally car outfit on its trailer.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.