Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Wembley Hill Road
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
bm_99
Hey all, so the old man got a pcn as below after parking in wembley hill road - in brent (1 of the worst boroughs for parking imo)

I do belive that you can only NOT park there on event days but correct me if im wrong

Anything i can do in regards to the ticket?

Thanks in advance

Neil B
QUOTE (bm_99 @ Mon, 14 Mar 2016 - 10:04) *
I do belive that you can only NOT park there on event days but correct me if im wrong

Just inside 'W'.

GSV to exactly where he parked please cos he's close to unrestricted.

We've had a case before at that spot.
DancingDad
Certainly was one near by if not the same spot.
Though that was with local signs and very poor demarcation between restriction change, not CPZ.

So we need to see signs and location.
Are any council photos on line yet ?
Neil B
Pretty sure it's the same.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5574764,-...3312!8i6656

CPZ sign above those plates.

bm_99
ok people, just got the full sp

Basically he parked just after the double yellow lines on single yellow BUT even i didnt know this but on these particular single yellows you cant park 8am-9pm

The thing ive got a problem with is he came from the side where you cant see any signs so how are you supposed to know not to park there

Below is the google maps link to where he parked, and if you go further up the road - towards the lampost and bt pole, thats where the sign is located

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5572138,-...3312!8i6656
Grant Urismo
QUOTE (bm_99 @ Mon, 14 Mar 2016 - 20:08) *
The thing ive got a problem with is he came from the side where you cant see any signs so how are you supposed to know not to park there

The yellow line is how you should know not to park there. Single yellow lines mean no parking at any time, unless there's a sign.
bm_99
QUOTE (Grant Urismo @ Mon, 14 Mar 2016 - 21:49) *
QUOTE (bm_99 @ Mon, 14 Mar 2016 - 20:08) *

The yellow line is how you should know not to park there. Single yellow lines mean no parking at any time, unless there's a sign.

well damn, i always thought single yellows meant no parking unless after 6:30, sundays and or bank holidays

guess theres nothing he can do about this one then
Neil B
QUOTE (bm_99 @ Wed, 16 Mar 2016 - 23:33) *
well damn, i always thought single yellows meant no parking unless after 6:30, sundays and or bank holidays

Common myth.
SYs apply when restrictions are deemed needed.
Do note almost all apply BHs.

And Sunday is a full working day in many parts of London.

Basic rule to follow is that SY indicates a restriction so don't park unless you can find the sign and
confirm you are outside of restricted times.

That's not any easy task when in a CPZ cos only entry point signs are needed and can be many streets away.

In Dad's case he's parked within a few yards of the sign and able to see the back of it, confirming he's in a CPZ >
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5573414,-...3312!8i6656

So if you see that from there you need to check the front. >
https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@51.5575368,-...3312!8i6656

But there were also additional standard time plates (not actually required) on the same pole, as I linked in my last post.

Not a lecture - hope it helps for future.
Especially as they tow from that location.
Grant Urismo
QUOTE (bm_99 @ Wed, 16 Mar 2016 - 23:33) *
guess theres nothing he can do about this one then

I suppose it might not be totally hopeless - we've not seen the back of the PCN and there might be a technical issue there, and if Brent is one of those places that always re-offers the 50% discount if you challenge it then you might try a challenge and hope they botch the response so badly that you can win on technicality there - but you're close to the 14 day discount period ending so I'd be inclined to pay up and chalk this one up to experience if I were in your shoes.

Having said that, please bear in mind I'm a bit of a newbie here, so I only know the basics. Some more experienced forum members might chip in and let you know how they would proceed.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.