Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: fpn or nip
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
mickipaq
I was flashed by a speed camera. Reading through your forum has totally confused me. I was flashed on the 25th March which is over 17 days thought I was safe according to the 14 day rule, but now I have read about the FPN which is saying you can be done up to six months after. What is the difference between the two?? Will I get a FPN or NIP if I am flashed by a roadside camera. Also is there a difference between a van and a gatso flashing me?
chipster
The NIP (first correspondence) from the scammers has to be served on you within 14 days of the offence else they cannot fine/endorse/prosecute. They then have 6 months from the date of offence to lay the information with the courts to summons you (but you must have rec'd the NIP within the set time previously)

There are a few exceptions:

Is the vehicle registered to you (and has been for a while before the offence)?
Is it registered to the address you are currently living at?
Have you recently moved?

Chip
mickipaq
the bike is mine from new 3years plus at same address
chipster
QUOTE (mickipaq @ Tue, 11 Apr 2006 - 22:50) *
the bike is mine from new 3years plus at same address

Edit - and from new being longer than say 2 months?

Then I see no reason why the NIP shouldnt have been served within the 14 day time frame. You should be clear (i.e no film in camera) - but you may well get a nasty surprise in 4 weeks if a reminder drops on your mat (first one sent "lost" in post). If this happens, post back - in theory you then have a defence
Chip
firefly
mickipag,

Please answer these questions.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.