Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Received PCN but camera details are wrong!
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
bthannttnanh
Hi all,

New poster here, so any assistance is highly appreciated!

I received a PCN from a council, together with footage (still image on the letter and a link to a CCTV clip) from a roadside camera.

My question is: can I appeal the PCN on the grounds that the longitude and latitude on the CCTV clip are incorrect (both long and lat are listed as 0.0000)?

I tried looking around the site for similar cases but have come back blank.

Many thanks in advance!
Neil B
Certainly odd.
No images have appeared here either? huh.gif

(Sorry, it's a funny mood today)

Who, what, where, when, PCN?

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=36858
DancingDad
Post up the PCN please and whatever images you have.
Blank personal details, leave in dates times and location.

Very basic answer but there may well be other grounds to use, hence above.
PCN must state a location or the contravention fails.
If based on video evidence, the video forms part of the requirement to enforce.
But no requirement for location on the video, simply that it shows the contravention.

Having said that, we did have a series of cases when TFL messed up location on a box junction a few years back.
Location was A. Video showed somewhere else, IIRC the next junction up.
That was sufficient to win.

Can't think of any offhand where coordinates were incorrect but would have thought it would be regarded as irrelevant unless they mislead.

0.000 x 0.000 simply means they were not set. Put you in Cardiff instead of Luton, maybe an argument.
bthannttnanh
PCN scanned, redacted & attached.

Cheers!
Neil B
I was looking for GSV but this popped up.

http://www.standard.co.uk/news/travelnews/...s-a3092166.html
bthannttnanh
Thanks for posting that Neil, interesting read, but do I have grounds for appeal?

I drive that area occasionally and have used that shortcut in the past, so I was not looking for any signs prohibiting entry.

Any ideas on how to proceed?

Also, forgive my ignorance, but what is "GSV" from your post?

Thanks for your support!

John U.K.
There was a flurry of cases both here and at London Tribunals last year.
I note, for example, (from the LT Register) that Mr Drakard in the ES article won his appeal against 5 PCNs.

Worth the OP searching this forum (search box top r-h corner of this page) and the London Tribunals register using 'Connell Crescent' as search term.

The key question will be has Ealing since the successful appeals changed the signage and markings and camera positions here and if so by how much
bthannttnanh
Thanks John, I will definitely do this - quite a few posts for that street, seems I am not alone!

I'll check them out over the next couple of days - if I were going to pay the reduced rate, I have until Apr 23 anyway, so there's still time!

Thanks again!
DancingDad
QUOTE (bthannttnanh @ Thu, 10 Mar 2016 - 15:17) *
.........- if I were going to pay the reduced rate, I have until Apr 23 anyway, so there's still time!

Thanks again!

Check your dates if you want to challenge before losing the discount deadline
22nd March I make it
John U.K.
I'll check them out over the next couple of days - if I were going to pay the reduced rate, I have until Apr 23 anyway, so there's still time!

Read the PCN again... 14 days beginning with the date of this notice ... I make it by 22nd.MARCH!

Was the back of PCN blank? If not, please post up here.
Incandescent
Oh My ! Not Connel Crescent again !!

OP, read the adviser posts carefully, but note John UK's in particular, as this particular restriction has been at London Tribunals and cases have been won. The restriction is there to prevent people nipping around traffic queues, but is so badly signed, (and with no road alterations), is essentially a cash cow for the council.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.