Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN BYELAW 14 OBSTRUCTON ?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
blackstarziggy
A parking notice has been issued despite the car clearly displaying a full days parking fee had been paid.
The PCN was issued when the car was parked on "Railway assets" apparently in contravention of railway byelaws No 14.

ISSUE REASON: parked as to cause obstruction /inconvenience to others..

The car was parked exactly in line with the white line in front of the cars. However the side white lines are non existent.
The only thing they can mean is that the car was not parked exactly inside a marked box despite there not being any side lines or clear box marked.

A full day paring was £6.25 ( I have the receipt) but the penalty notice was £60.

ON 1ST FEB I wrote to INDIGO'S "customer support" as advised on the back of the ticket to appeal - however received no reply.

Today I received another letter stating I now owed £124 as debt recovery charges had been added.

There are photos www.ipaymypcn.net. showing my car parked in line with all the other cars and with the paid parking receipt on the dash. you can also see that
there are no white side lines to follow to guide parking within a box. However you can see a short white line about 4 inches long that might indicate where a white line used to be.

please can someone advise - do I need to pay this or ignore it? much appreciated.
nosferatu1001
Stop with caps. Not helpful

Did you ID the driver when you appealed?

They can't have both a byelaw offence AND a civil contract dispute. So they've chosen to go for the civil route, however they don't get a choice - if it's controlled by byelaws, it has to be through a mags court. At that point they get no money.

I would personally file and ignore. See what others think xxx
Half_way
Advice? Remove that pcn number NOW
blackstarziggy
Thank you for the reply's.

(apologies for caps was typing with one hand at the time)

I did not identify the driver and have removed PCN number.

I still cant see what the PCN was for - if the parking fee has been paid and the white lines are not clear ( non existent) how can the car be causing an obstruction.
What is Byelaw 14 anyway?
If I write to appeal - don't they at least have to answer my letter ?
ostell
You've inferred who the driver was. It's important that you do not.
nosferatu1001
You're essentially on ignore now.

If it is bpa then they are deemed to have accepted the appeAl after 35 days.
blackstarziggy
Thank you both for your comments.

I shall ignore and hope for the best as whoever as driving my car paid to park and parked it rather well from the photos i have seen - especially considering the lack of white lines.

bama
check out the excellent byelaw posts by anon45
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.