Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN While pool permit not displayed
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
charlton
Hi everyone,

Haven't been on here for a while, my last visit helped me prove my innocence so I'm hoping you can help again. I'm asking on behalf of my mother, she received a PCN while parked in a permit only bay, she has got a pool permit that's shared between a few of her work colleagues but it wasn't visible to the parking warden when he checked her car. Does she have a case to fight this PCN ? And if so on what grounds ?

Thanks in advance
Incandescent
As per usual for this forum, please post the PCN, all sides, with PCN Number and car details blanked out. Leave everything else in.

Your mother needs to provide more info to us - (1) is her shared permit valid for the place she parked ? and (2) did she initially display it but it fell down, or did she not display it at all. ? Photos are always helpful as is a GSV reference.
charlton
QUOTE (Incandescent @ Tue, 23 Feb 2016 - 21:52) *
As per usual for this forum, please post the PCN, all sides, with PCN Number and car details blanked out. Leave everything else in.

Your mother needs to provide more info to us - (1) is her shared permit valid for the place she parked ? and (2) did she initially display it but it fell down, or did she not display it at all. ? Photos are always helpful as is a GSV reference.

thanks for the reply, for your info yes her shared permit was valid for where she was parked and she had displayed it but it had fallen of the dashboard

thanks

Click to view attachment
hcandersen
Photos please.

Google maps shows the road to be divided into two sections: shared use parking bays and a permit holders only zone. If she was in he latter, then the contravention's wrong. In either case the only permissible permit is DD.

But let's see the photos and a googlemaps link first.

When you say 'pool' permit, do you mean a DD permit whose use is shared between a pool of vehicles?

Why has she waited nearly 3 weeks to do anything or has she challenged? If not, then the statutory discount's gone.
charlton
QUOTE (hcandersen @ Wed, 24 Feb 2016 - 08:54) *
Photos please.

Google maps shows the road to be divided into two sections: shared use parking bays and a permit holders only zone. If she was in he latter, then the contravention's wrong. In either case the only permissible permit is DD.

But let's see the photos and a googlemaps link first.

When you say 'pool' permit, do you mean a DD permit whose use is shared between a pool of vehicles?

Why has she waited nearly 3 weeks to do anything or has she challenged? If not, then the statutory discount's gone.

Thanks for your help, what photos do you need to see, is it the photo evidence the parking attendant took ?

Dropped pin
near 7 George Rd, New Malden, Greater London KT3 6BT
https://goo.gl/maps/CNkevnn8Hk72

The permit is valid in all zones, including DD and is shared between her work colleagues

She has already challenged but the council replied and just said the pcn still stood, I thought it would be a case that if she proved she had the permit that they would cancel it but they haven't so that's why I'm trying on here !
hcandersen
No.7 is within the permit holders only zone and so the contravention can only be:

Code 16 Parked in a permit space or zone without clearly displaying a valid permit

Her challenge and their response pl.
charlton
She basically explained that the permit had fallen out of view from the dash and sent a copy of the permit and this was their reply

Click to view attachment

Thanks
hcandersen
Can't read it, I'm afraid.

Yes, the authority's photos which you should find on their website.
charlton
thanks for taking the time to look, I had to reduce the quality of the picture as it seems the website will only allow a certain amount of data to be added, is there a way around this ? Thanks
Incandescent
QUOTE (charlton @ Thu, 25 Feb 2016 - 21:40) *
thanks for taking the time to look, I had to reduce the quality of the picture as it seems the website will only allow a certain amount of data to be added, is there a way around this ? Thanks

Look at the section "Read this first". Yes, I know, most people don't as they are in a rush to tell their tale of woe ! It has a section on how to post photos.
charlton
Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

Click to view attachment

QUOTE (Incandescent @ Thu, 25 Feb 2016 - 21:50) *
QUOTE (charlton @ Thu, 25 Feb 2016 - 21:40) *

Look at the section "Read this first". Yes, I know, most people don't as they are in a rush to tell their tale of woe ! It has a section on how to post photos.

Apologises, I did read that after I posted my reply smile.gif
Mad Mick V
Before you take this any further we need details of the "pool permit". What is it-----a carer's permit? a visitors voucher?

Is the permit registered to a business or specific vehicle registration?

In other words is what your mother and colleagues doing allowed?

Otherwise read up on "fluttering tickets" and how they are challenged.

Mick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.