Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bus Lane PCN - Bournemouth Train Station
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
hydrographer2004
Hi everyone,

I have received last week a PCN from Bournemouth council for driving in a bus lane - I do not dispute that I was driving in a bus lane but I do wonder if I have a case of appeal - so let me set the scene....

Last week as a result of the storms all the trains got cancelled. As a result my husband was turfed off a train at Bournemouth and I had to drive and pick him up. The train station area at Bournemouth has been re-designed recently with road works lasting the last few months.

The train station was chaos with people, cars, taxis and coaches everywhere! As the road layout had changed recently I was confused as to the way to exit the station and accidentally drove into the bus lane to exit the station. Once I realised I was in the bus lane it is a one way system so there was no way for me to exit the bus lane or turnaround.

The only signage for the bus lane is at the roundabout as you enter the bus lane and due to the business I allready felt disorientated.

So is this worth challenging? Is there a rule that a notice of a bus lane must be x meters before the bus lane commences?

Or should I just pay up and move on?

I have attached pictures of the PCN and a picture of the road signs and roundabout there you can exit right into the bus lane - sorry for the poor quality - I got my husband to take the picture whilst I was driving and its not great but you will get the idea....

Any help would be very much appreciated

Thanks
Mad Mick V
GSV:-

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@50.7279791,-...3312!8i6656

DfT Approval:-

http://assets.dft.gov.uk/trafficauths/case-3734.pdf

Nothing leaping out to suggest grounds for reps.

Mick
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.