Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: One digit out
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Angry indeed
Hi there. I'm new to this forum so excuse me if I make a mistake.

In December I parked in a shopping mall where the car park is run by Parking Eye. I bought a ticket and displayed it in my car. Last month I got a parking ticket saying I hadn't bought a ticket. I found it in my car and noticed that this was the day I sent my 14 year old to get the ticket from the machine. She had to put the registration number in and the last letter on the registration she put in should have been an H. She typed 8.

Am I still liable for the parking ticket of £100 because of it? I still have the ticket showing I purchased the car parking, just the last letter is wrong.
hoohoo
Appeal via their web site. Attach a photo of the ticket. They have been known to cancel when this happens. Appeal as the keeper and do not state who the driver was.
Also attach any receipts/redacted banks statements if they total over £30. This is their magic cut-off.
Jlc
Is there still time to appeal?

...not that the appeal window is really that important as the mismatched entry can be easily verified.
nosferatu1001
Simple appeal, staying that a simple typo was made, and the time was paid for. There is therefore no justification possible and thus this is a penalty.

State that should they reject your appeal you request access to suitable ADR such as popla. Remind them there is nothing apart from their own rules which stop them issuing a popla code, and this is a reasonable request. Should further action be taken without providing access to ADR, this will be raised at court when the question of a costs award is bout up, and additionally you will ask the court to,order the use of popla.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.