Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Speeding in Scotland
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
ldormand
Hi

At the end of last year I was caught speeding whilst on holiday in Scotland, doing 50mph in a 30mph. A couple of weeks ago I plead guilty by post and return the necessary
Documentation. Today I received a reply from the court stating that I have to appear in court to make representations to the court regarding disqualification. I currently have 3 penalty
Points on my licence, also for speeding.

My questions are; is a ban inevitable? If so, how long is the band likely to be? Is it worthwhile getting a solicitor or not?

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.

Kind regards
Lee-Ann
BaggieBoy
I wouldn't have thought it was inevitable, 1 MPH less and it would have been a fixed penalty. I would suspect that any ban would be measured in days. Personally I would just turn up, be contrite and save the solicitors fee.
The Rookie
With a guilty plea and the attendant discount from the driving penalty (points or ban) it's pretty bizarre they say they are considering a disqual as it should be 4-5 points!
ldormand
What can I do to prepare for court?
The Rookie
Not much, attend and give a short statement, you can suggest a ban would be inappropriate given how close you are to the FP speed, I think it highly unlikely you will be banned though.
glasgow_bhoy
I've never heard of a ban for 50 in a 30 in Scotland. I'd expect 4-5 points.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.