Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN given for parking suspension but sign not made clear
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Will Asbury
Hello,

I received a PCN on the 24/01/16 because I had unknowingly parked in a suspended parking area in Camden.
As shown in the picture, the prevailing sign next to my car states that parking is allowed for permit holders only between the hours of 8:30am-6:30 Mon - Fri. I parked on a Sunday as normal and received a PCN.

http://i65.tinypic.com/2rm83td.jpg

Also shown in the picture is the parking suspension sign that is a good 30m away from my vehicle.

Additionally, when I login to view the PCN, none of the photos they provided actually show the parking suspension sign, let alone my vehicle and the sign in the same photo!
Also, I am not sure whether this holds any significance, but the purpose of the suspension was works to the footpath which were not occurring anywhere near my vehicle.
Bogsy
The photo evidence above with your annotations included should win this for you albeit that council obstinacy wil most likely mean you have to go all the way to adjudication. Signage has to be clear and if the closest sign to where you parked indicated it was OK to park then clearly the suspension signage was not adequate.
John U.K.
Have you a photo of the offending suspension sign?
Also, please post up Council photos (blank out numberplate).
Chaseman
QUOTE (Bogsy @ Sun, 31 Jan 2016 - 22:19) *
The photo evidence above with your annotations included should win this for you albeit that council obstinacy wil most likely mean you have to go all the way to adjudication. Signage has to be clear and if the closest sign to where you parked indicated it was OK to park then clearly the suspension signage was not adequate.

Indeed, why couldn't they put a suspension sign on the post outside the Pie & Mash shop if the suspension covered those spaces? Do get a picture of the temp suspension sign. It should look like this:

http://assets.dft.gov.uk/trafficauths/case-2979.pdf

but a pound to a penny says it doesn't. The signage was approved in 2011 and specifies at para two that the date should have the year omitted. If the sign on street includes the year then the sign is "clear but not compliant". See PATAS case Campbell v Camden (appeal upheld)
Will Asbury
I have attached the council photos.
I do not yet have a photo of the suspension sign but am trying to get hold of it now.

What should I include in my dispute?

Thanks in advance.
DancingDad
The last two photos win it for you.

I parked alongside a restriction sign.
Read it and as it did not apply, locked and left my vehicle
Another sign, that is not even shown, cannot apply.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.