Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Edinburgh City ticket - Wrong colour - Options?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
MartyGrohl
Hi all.

I have a ticket from Edinburgh council listed at 08.44am on a morning when my car was parked on a single yellow from the night before. Single yellows should be made clear from 8.30am which I am aware.

The ticket had the wrong colour listed (grey) when my car is actually dark blue. From the photos, I'm sure you'll agree that despite my best efforts, someone with slightly different vision to me may suspect it to be grey.
Personally I would expect the council to have access to the DVLA to check the correct details instantly before writing out a ticket with the wrong information, but that argument won't likely get me anywhere.
I thought I had them with the colour error as Edinburgh council have been in the news many a times regarding errors in their parking tickets.

I have attached the reply letter from the council with the contravention photos.
Would any of you be able to help me out in figuring a route out of this ticket, or is it plain and simple?
They have sent me an appeals form for an independent adjudicator to check over my argument if I wish to take it further, but not sure if colour alone will give me success.

Thanks for your time.
DancingDad
We seem to have skipped a few notices and letters.
PCN
Challenge
Rejection
Notice to Owner
Challenge

Having said that, if colour is all that you have challenged on, you will not win and appealing will only delay the inevitable.
Maybe by some months judging by some recent appeals to SPAS but you will end up paying unless we can find an error that can be used.
For that, we need the rest of the documents (above)

As an aside, if Edinburgh were to cancel on white instead of black, they would be the first council I've seen that would on a colour error of any sorts. It is not mandatory information and unless it casts doubt on the actual vehicle (which photos show these days), is not an error to force them to cancel.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.