Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Gatso Got me... advice pls
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Rt Hon Lord Parker
Firstly Hello Everybody,

I have recently (24/02/2006) been allegedly captured speeding by a Gatso Camera, i got the NIP on 4/3/2006, i read with interest the information provided by FireFly, and have so far written to the Camera Partnership, advising them that i was not sure whether it was myself or my brother that was driving at the time.

I requested the Pictures which arrived on the 21st March 2006, unfortunately, I have blacked out windows for security reasons and you can't see the rear parcel shelf never mind the driver. so i wrote back including the information in the letter i found Here. I included the names and addresses of those who might have been driving at the time, I did not send back the NIP.

I have just recieved another letter today (5th April) and I Quote:

"I note from your recent correspondence that you have difficulty in establishing the driver of the vehicle on this occasion.

The Law requires the owner/keeper of a vehicle to supply the details of the driver at the time of the allged offence. Failure to do so could result in the owner/keeper eing fined, having their driving licence endorsed, or being disqualified from driving, unless they can satisfy the court that they have taken all reaonable steps to identify the driver.

The evidence in this case will be considered for Failing to Supply the Drivers Details. A summons will be isued and you will be notified of the court date in due course."

This seems like a B&B letter.... I am writing back advising them again of who was possibly driving and where we were going, and that neither of us can rmember who drove where as the journey was some 800 miles.

any ideas on where i go from here??????
Rt Hon Lord Parker
Can Anyone give any advice?
Broadsword
You seem to have navigated your way around the site with little difficulty and are currently steering a steady course which is most probably why you have had no responses.

It is your credibility that is the key to your circumstances. Think of any and everyway you could possibly identify who was driving at the material time and take those steps.

Consider the following:-

CCTV from petrol stations, receipts for petrol, receipts from shops, cctv from shops, mobile phone records numbers called/numbers received, revisited the area to see if it jogged anyones memory, took photos of the road to show the other potential driver etc etc.

I said 'consider' because if you over egg the pudding then your credibility will take a knock, you've got to pitch it just right for you and your own circumstances.

You say you are going to write back to the CTO, list all the exhaustive enquires you have made and ask them what else you could possibly do?

They said

The evidence in this case will be considered for Failing to Supply the Drivers Details. A summons will be isued and you will be notified of the court date in due course."

They have in theory 'charged' you at this point which in simple terms means that they shouldn't now be asking you any more questions, however, it is important for your credibility that you remain in communication with the CTO (in writing only) in order to evidence the fact that you have and are trying your best.
Rt Hon Lord Parker
Thanks for your help...

I have collated copies of email sent to my brother and also i have a recorded conversation on the telephone where i'm asking him if he can remember who was driving or not...

I have no receipts for petrol etc as it's all been paid for in cash, but i will write to the services to see if there is any CCTV footage that can be obtained.

many thanks, and i'll keep you all updated
Rt Hon Lord Parker
April 20th I got a "Reminder" Notice through the post, stating that I had not sent back My NIP. I decided to ring them and advise them of the current situation, and ask, as I had in my previous letter, what other way could they suggest so that I could find out the identity of the driver.

I was advised that as I cannot identify the driver that it will be dealt with in court, I have to wait 6-8weeks apparently now.
jeffreyarcher
QUOTE (Rt Hon Lord Parker @ Fri, 21 Apr 2006 - 08:26) *
I decided to ring them and advise them of the current situation, and ask, as I had in my previous letter, what other way could they suggest so that I could find out the identity of the driver.

Why did you do that? You sought advice; you wre told to correspond in writing only. If you know better, why ask?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.