Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Daet of Service of PCN
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
mothepro
Hi All,

Quick question. As far as I understand, a date of service means the day is was served, in the case of a printed PCN and for one sent by post, it is 2 days later.

If a Notice to Owner makes reference to a PCN and gives the same day as 'Date of Service' as the day of the alleged contravention, is it possible for the council to state that the PCN was sent by post, or does the date on the NTO clearly prove that that is not the case?

Basically, I got a NTO and I did not receive a PCN at the time or by post. I am writing that to the council but am concerned that they will lie and say the PCN was sent by post. Will the date of service mentioned on their NTO prove that it was definitely not a PCN by post?

Thanks

Mo
RottenToTheCore
Post up a copy of the NtO and any other paperwork or photos you may have, instructions here:

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=36858

If the PCN is attached to the vehicle, then the date of service will be the same as the date of contravention, and if posted it will be later, but post up the paperwork so we can have a proper look.
DancingDad
A postal PCN acts as a Notice to Owner so if you have an NTO, the PCN must have been served on the vehicle or to someone appearing to be the driver.
And thus, the PCN date of service must be the date of contravention.

Post up what you have and let's see what we can make of it.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.