Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN Faded & multiple white lines
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Beekeeper
Hi guys

Just signed up after receiving my first ever parking ticket. Basically I parked next to a car in a car park in between two very faded white lines, but none the less in between them. The parking ticket guy gave me a ticket and said that "If I look closely, there is another line there and I am parked incorrectly" Apparently some of the faded lines are the old bay markings and some of the faded lines are the new bay markings. It was an honest error, but apparently that doesn't matter and they want £25.00 in the next two weeks or £50 if after this date. I am not entirely sure what I can do now. Hopefully you guys do :-)
John U.K.
As usual, please post up the PCN (both sides)
Also post up a GSV (Google Street View) link to the location.

Photo or scan. see http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=36858&st=0
for how to do it. I use Tinypic for stage 2 with no problems.

Redact/obscure personal details, PCN no. Reg No.
LEAVE IN all dates/times; precise location, Contravention code and description.
Beekeeper
Hi John

Thanks for the reply. Unfortunately I cannot give you a google view as it is an underground car park.

Here are some photos as requested. Would it be safest to pay the fine and then claim it back later if I can prove my innocence?

Passenger side photo

Driver Side photo

Photo showing the parking attendants explanation.

I would be thankful for any advice

Kind Regards
Mark.
PASTMYBEST
From those photos , i cannot see the council winning in million years at adjudication. IIRC Redbridge outsource parking enforcement and the first stage of the challenge, so don't be surprised if the first stage is rejected,.

Make a point of it looking like a walk way to the side of your car that has been marked to give access to the ducting you can see behind
RottenToTheCore
QUOTE (Beekeeper @ Sat, 12 Dec 2015 - 14:39) *
Would it be safest to pay the fine and then claim it back later if I can prove my innocence?

If you pay, that's it, the process is over and you will not be able to appeal, or claim the money back.

Looks like you should have an easy win, so sit tight.
DancingDad
Agree with PBM
Councils have a duty to clearly sign restrictions.
Looks like they failed it to me

If you pay they will close the PCN and you will lose the right to challenge.
Incandescent
The pictures damn them, and lets hope it's somewhere warm !

The pictures show your car perfectly parked in a space, with worn bay lines either side. As said already, this has to be the clearest win at adjudication I have seen. Question - are they your photos or the councils ? If they are your's submit prints with your appeal. If they refuse it you really must take them to adjudication, and show them up as a bunch of venal rogues.

PS. As said above, do not roll-over and pay, as this closes the matter, and you cannot appeal it further.
Beekeeper
They are my photos, yes. I suspect that the council photos will be less revealing. I am just about to appeal online now. I shall keep you all in the loop. I am really grateful for the support and advice.
DancingDad
QUOTE (Beekeeper @ Sun, 13 Dec 2015 - 14:30) *
They are my photos, yes. I suspect that the council photos will be less revealing. .........

More then likely a close up of the white line inside your passenger wheel.

Be interesting to see them.
Ask for them with any challenge as well as CEO notes.
Beekeeper
Well, that is that sent. Just have to sit tight now.

I sent the photos and explanation by email and also completed their online form too.

I did ask if I could receive the report from the ticket issuer along with any photos and justification. They have 10 days now to respond.

Bit of a gamble though isn't it? If they refuse and I lose its £50.00 instead of £25.00. I suppose it comes down to principals at that stage...

You know, I wouldn't have believed parking ticket issuers were just nasty, greedy buggers, but in this instance, what other explanation could there be...
That's how one person can ruin the reputation of an entire group! I don't think ill ever criticise anyone for their dislike of ticket issuers in the future.

John U.K.
They have 10 days now to respond.

Bit of a gamble though isn't it? If they refuse and I lose its £50.00 instead of £25.00. I suppose it comes down to principals at that stage...

Hmmmm. IIRC, they have 56 days to respond.

Tunbridge Wells may re-offer the discount if they decline your challenge.
As others have said, you have an excellent chance at adjudication.
If they decline your challenge you then have the chance to make formal representations in response to the NtO (Notice to Owner).
They may decline those, they might even re-offer the discount if they think you have a good chance at Adjudication.
If you appeal to the TPT (Traffic Penalty Tribunal) and win, you will have nothing to pay. Should you lose, it will then be £50, but no more.

Spare a thought for those incurring PCNs in London, where the discounted amount is £65, the full penalty £135!!!

On a practical note, make sure you have kept a hard copy of your on-line challenge, as much will depend on their response to it.
Please post a copy of your challenge here, suitably redacted.
DancingDad
10 days is council guidelines.
The regs do not define and in reality can be up to 6 months (from date of contravention) to issue a Notice to Owner.

Just be patient and do not panic, this is as good a case as we often see.
Beekeeper
I would like to thank all of you very much for the advice in dealing with the disgusting PCN mafia.

Copy of response

Dear Mr ....

Penalty Charge Notice TW.....

Thank you for writing to us.

Although your Penalty Charge Notice was correctly given, we have cancelled it on this occasion after carefully considering what you say

Yours Sincerely

...... .......

Parking Administration Officer.

They still can't admit when they are in the wrong... What disgusting people.
PASTMYBEST
They are not good at saying sorry, but at least they cancelled. Well done rolleyes.gif
DancingDad
Reading between the lines.
The PCN was correctly given but we will never prove it.
Let's cancel quick.

Well done
Beekeeper

The well done is all yours... I would have paid had I not stumbled across this board just at the right moment...
DancingDad
QUOTE (Beekeeper @ Wed, 30 Dec 2015 - 11:22) *
The well done is all yours... I would have paid had I not stumbled across this board just at the right moment...

Remember us.
And recommend.
There are many tickets such as yours that are dead iffy.
Even if bang to rights, check with us first, you never know.
Incandescent
Well done !

They don't like it up-em !
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.