Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: TPS Manchester
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
sercoman
Hi, see attached found on car windscreen last Sunday (29/11) after staying at a friends [Ms. X] flat.

Is this an ignore, appeal or pay.

Signs at entrance are not readable in the dark from the drivers side of the car as your drive down the ramp (fob / speech point isn't where the signs are).

So Saturday evening 28/11 I [Ms. Y] get to speech / fob point, buzz Ms. X in their and they let me into the underground car park.

Park there overnight, empty spaces Saturday night and Sunday morning abounded, no allocated bays, no markings on the bays, Ms. X has a lease that allows one [un-allocated] parking space with her flat - she doesn't have a car, original flat lease she showed me predates TPS signs by three years.

How did they know that I wasn't a resident or is this a fishing trip? Strange thing is this is the eight or ninth time I've stayed there over the years with no tickets before and her partner [Mr. X] stays a few times a week and has done for 5 years in different vehicles depending what he brings home from work and this is the first ticket ever seen / heard of.

Ironically I'm a blue badge holder (obo both daughter whom were with me, Daughter A and daughter B) but didn't put that in the windscreen as I thought there was no need on private land and that there have never been any parking issues here before. I could have left my car on the street and not had any issues had I displayed the badge.

Any advice welcome guys / gals.

How do I upload add a file - I've tried uploaded a jpeg but it doesn't seem to be coming through on the post.

Edit 21:10 - managed to get Tinypic to work so I have now attached image.

Slightly changed a couple of details to refer to individuals more explicitly - flat isn't owned by a relative or GF, no confusion meant from the way I wrote the original post.

Thank-you to Kommando and cabbyman for their first responses - does anything I have now added in the original post change your first response. And yes I am the V5 holder.

kommando
Post you jpeg on photobucket and then post a link in your post here.

You had the landowners permission, ie your GF's lease trumps the silly signs and toilet paper.

Its probably a self ticketing job, ie one of your GF's neighbours does it on commission.
cabbyman
Do nothing for now. Assuming your name is on the V5, await the notice to keeper then come back to this thread for further advice.
kommando
Unless you car is leased wait for the NTK, in the meantime check the ticket for compliance with POFA2012, I can see it fails to mention who the creditor is and does not give the period of parking. Also they are in the IPC so its Keeper appeal to NTK on points of law in line with a Judge reading it, followed rejection cos that's what they do, followed by ignore as an appeal to IPC just gives info away that can be used by Gladstones who run it 'Independently'.

If its a leased car or rental you need to appeal now, again on points of law.

Do not name or infer the driver.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.