Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: ANPR or speed camera van?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Technical Discussion of Enforcement Devices
DeepThought
Hi there.

I'm worried I've been nabbed by a speed camera van today but I'm clutching at straws here and wondering if it might have been an ANPR van.

It was a white Transit van or similar with 2 windows at the back and a camera mounted in each. I don't recall seeing a camera symbol anywhere on the van but I was in panic mode and may have missed it.

It was on a dual carriageway on the A34 approaching the M3 junction (Hampshire Constabulary jurisdiction). It's a 50 limit down there dropping down from 60 and 70 before that. I don't know how fast I was going but being a dual carriageway it could easily have been around 80.

Normally I'd just resign myself to my fate but the fact it had 2 cameras is making me wonder what sort of van it was, I thought speed vans only tended to have one.

Is anyone able to identify it?

Many Thanks
BaggieBoy
Sounds like ANPR to me, speed camera vans would normally only have one rear mounted device.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.