Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Two NIPs for consecutive days
FightBack Forums > Queries > Speeding and other Criminal Offences
Wishy1984
Dear forum members,
I received two NIPs in the post this morning for speeding offences on two consecutive days (the two days prior today). I have been clocked by the same static camera doing 48mph, then 51mph in a 40mph zone. I am ineligible for the speed awareness course as I have been on the course within the last 3 years. As a result I currently have no penalty points, but clearly am going to now. What are my options?
Do I try and get my wife to take one of the NIPs?
Do I try and appeal and argue that they should be treated as the same offence as I was only made aware after the two occasions?
If I accept both will I receive 6 points and £120 fine?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way I live in NI
NeverMind
QUOTE (Wishy1984 @ Tue, 27 Oct 2015 - 13:43) *

Only if you have a craving for prison food.
Do I try and appeal and argue that they should be treated as the same offence as I was only made aware after the two occasions?

Won't wash.

6 points and £200 over here - not sure what the FP rates are in NI.

Sorry.
NewJudge
Not too sure how NI law differs from England and Wales. BUT, of one thing I am quite certain: getting your wife to take one of the hits is not a good idea. (You may remember Mr & Mrs Huhne). In E & W your attempt to have the two offences treated as one would be bound to fail.
AntonyMMM
QUOTE (Wishy1984 @ Tue, 27 Oct 2015 - 12:43) *
Dear forum members,
I received two NIPs in the post this morning for speeding offences on two consecutive days (the two days prior today). I have been clocked by the same static camera doing 48mph, then 51mph in a 40mph zone. I am ineligible for the speed awareness course as I have been on the course within the last 3 years. As a result I currently have no penalty points, but clearly am going to now. What are my options?
Any help would be greatly appreciated. By the way I live in NI

Suggesting your wife "take one" is just stupid and will potentially end up with both of you in prison ( Chris Huhne ring any bells ???)

Not a chance of them being treated as a single offence - they are on two different days. Why does being "made aware" make any difference - assuming the limit is correctly signed at the location ?

As you are not eligible for a SAC - a 3pt FPN for each is the best result you are likely to get.

Sorry.
Wishy1984
Yes I'm aware that suggesting my wife take one is a silly idea, but just desperately looking at all options. She is smarter than me and wouldn't take the anyway! Thanks for the speedy responses
whoopsies
I don't see the big problem here.

You got caught, your insurance goes up by £50 for a few years, and you are more careful in future.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.