Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: CP Plus roadchef
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
VDubbing
Hi all

I received a charge notice from CPplus for the usual (it appears) £100 but if you pay up no it's only £50. I have searched and searched and am now confused do I ignore and hope it goes away. Or just pay up as my missus is telling me to. All the jargon is a bit too much for a simple builder that been hit on the head far too much.
The vehicle was stopped in a roadchef service area for 1h50mins longer than their free 2hr period but the driver *cough* fell asleep as it had been a long day and all the signs down the motorway were stating "tiredness kills" there were plenty of free spaces. This happened on the 4/10 and they sent the letter on the 13/10. There was no ticket on the car.

I've been onto CPplus website and the appeals page just tries to get you to pay.

Please help even if it's just calming the wife down ;-)
nosferatu1001
Or you appeal. Why miss the obvious 3rd option?
Did this notice arrive within 14 days of the parking event? Does it claim the Keeper is liable?

Also tell the motorway services that THE DRiVER needed to use the area for genuine safety reasons, and overstayed without realising. Plase cancel.
VDubbing
It says on the charge notice , "having checked vehicle details with DVLA we are writing to you because either you were the registered keeper at the time of parking,or the registered keeper has named you as driver at the date and time of event.

And yest it arrived in 9days.

Would upload picture but for some reason it doesn't work off my iPad

Lebagel
I advise getting a picture if possible. But which approval group do they belong to? BPA (British Parking Association) or IAS (Independent Appeals Service)?

You should be able to see this on their letter.
VDubbing
They are a member of the BPA

Do you mean a picture of their signage or uploading a picture of my notice
cabbyman
To CPP:

Dear sirs,

ref.....

I am in receipt of your above invoice purporting to be a charge for a breach of arbitrary parking conditions.

I deny all liability to your company and require that you cancel this extravagant and unconscionable charge forthwith or forward to me the necessary details to grant me access to alternative dispute resolution that substantially complies with The Alternative Dispute Resolution for Consumer Disputes (Competent Authorities and Information) Regulations 2015 whereby I will arrange for you to be instructed to cancel the charge with the help of my friends from Pepipoo.

Love and kisses.

They will refuse to cancel but MUST supply a POPLA code where they will be beaten. Cost to you: £0
The Rookie
Not good, there is nothing in there that actually makes it an appeal, so they can refuse a POPLA code, that is where the parking cowboys letter falls down as well, so you need to make it clear it is an appeal with an appeal point.
VDubbing
Should I just send something like this to the roadchef duty manager

Dear sir

Charge ref no.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have just received a charge notice for my vehicle that overstayed in your car park. The driver pulled up in this car park for safety reasons and over stayed without realising. In no way was the car park full, I believe the vehicle was parked well out of the way. Could you please cancel.

Kind regards

And then use the template on this site to sent to cp plus and just wait

Gan
QUOTE (VDubbing @ Fri, 16 Oct 2015 - 19:40) *
Should I just send something like this to the roadchef duty manager

Dear sir

Charge ref no.xxxxxxxxxxxxx

I have just received a charge notice for my vehicle that overstayed in your car park. The driver pulled up in this car park for safety reasons and over stayed without realising. In no way was the car park full, I believe the vehicle was parked well out of the way. Could you
The charge is extravagant and unconscionable; please cancel.

Kind regards

And then use the template on this site to sent to cp plus and just wait

hoohoo
CP Plus do not use keeper liability so...

Dear CP Plus,
I am appealing as keeper. Your notice to keeper is not POFA compliant and therefore I wish to appeal on the grounds that I am not liable for the charge.

I refer you to POPLA decision 1770865001 where assessor Ricky Powell stated: "I find that the operator has failed to show that it has complied with paragraph 9(2)(e) as the notice did not specifically state that the Operator does not know both the name of the driver and a current address for service for the driver. Consequently, I find that the notice to keeper was invalid and the Appellant is not liable to pay the parking charge.
Accordingly, I allow the appeal"

If you disagree, then please issue a POPLA code.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.