Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PRIVATE PARKING TICKET
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Ashy121212
HI guys,

I hope someone can help. I last month was given a parking ticket for parking outside the box at a private car park for B&M. I would say Im a proffessional drive and have not problem parking in a box, HOWEVER cannot speak for other drivers. On this occassion before parking the car that was already parked was outside there box, therefore me parking next to them outside my box - This would of caused a Domino effect, after coming back I find the ticket on my drivers side door. I have disputed the ticket - however not got a reply back and it has been more then 35 days they say on the email that they would replay back in. So do I just take it they have scrapped it? They are vehicle control services ltd and with IPC so they say on there ticket.

Kind regards,

Ash
Albert Ross
May I refer you to the Supreme court where this question was asked, although I do not think there is a transcript unless [of course] Prankie has one.

However, this does beg the question; if a motorist parks over a line, or in a disabled bay without a blue badge, they are breaching the contract but there is no possibility of them getting a parking charge. Presumably then, the landowner is accepting the fact that the deterrent element is in the signage alone. No actual charge is needed. But if no actual charge is needed for these types of transgressions, why is a charge needed for overstays? If a deterrent of £0 is sufficient in some cases, why is a deterrent of £85 needed in others? If ParkingEye is at risk of losing their contract if they do not enforce overstays, why are they not at risk for not enforcing parking in bays and in disabled spaces.

LORD SUMPTION: Presumably on the basis that you are effectively occupying the space of two cars.
LORD TOULSON: You might not be, I mean one is not allowed to give evidence, but you have a sort of car park where one moves slightly and all the cars along the line are all slightly over the white line, you get 10 of those that is rather good for ParkingEye because you have 10 times £85.
The end result is, 10 cars still park, no harm is done to anyone, and as ParkingEye do not enforce this kind of breach, no charges are issued.

MR KIRK: My Lord, I am not going to give evidence, but it was not an issue that was raised.
LORD TOULSON: It wasn't, but we are looking -- no, all right. Thank you.
MR KIRK: I am conscious that I don't want to overstay.
Because it will cost me £85?

LORD NEUBERGER: Thank you very much, Mr Kirk. Mr de Waal.
ManxRed
[cynicism] I'm surprised none of the PPCs have come up with a wheeze whereby the PPC warden parks the first car slightly over a bay to maximise profits along the rest of the row[/cynicism]
ostell
QUOTE (ManxRed @ Tue, 6 Oct 2015 - 22:18) *
[cynicism] I'm surprised none of the PPCs have come up with a wheeze whereby the PPC warden parks the first car slightly over a bay to maximise profits along the rest of the row[/cynicism]

Don't Encourage them !!
emanresu
They are vehicle control services ltd and with IPC so they say on there ticket.

To answer your question, ignore them. You attempted to mitigate their alleged loss by trying to appeal, They ignored you. So ignore them.

The only paperwork to respond to is a letter from a solicitor or court. Come back if you get either of those.
Lynnzer
Whole hearing is in these links. Beavis in the morning
PE afternoon
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.