Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Ticket for Off road parking Manchester city - PCN 01
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
angemala
I've parked on the side of a side street that's closed off with no exist (no traffic). The pictures taken by the parking attendant clearly show my car is not obstructing traffic/pedestrians/snail races/etc.

I've taken many pictures of the area, showing no signs indicating that parking is not allowed in the area. The one parking sign, for a designated parking area on the street (not where I parked) is partially obscured by trees and no where near my car. It is in a controlled zone, and I was there during controlled hours. However, I was not actually parked on the road.

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/53%C2%B...1!1s0x0:0x0
This is the location where I parked. It's not very clear on GSV, but the single line is very obvious where I was parked, and there was about a car length from me and the curb (I was parked up by the bushes).

Can you please let me know what further information I should provide? I have the PCN and pictures I've taken, along with the pictures they have taken. I've attached the picture they have taken of my car, clearly showing that I am not parked on the street. (PCN states 01 - Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours)
John U.K.
Please post up the PCN (both sides) and other photos.
Redact/obscure personal details, PCN no. Reg No.
LEAVE IN all dates/times; precise location, Contravention code and description.

Yellow lines (single or double) govern the whole half of a road from the centre line, across the pavement to the property boundary,
So you are going to need some careful research.
Does the change in tarmacadam colour or the wooden barrier or some imaginary line mark the boundary?
Incandescent
Looking at your pic, yes, agreed, you're not blocking anything, but are still bang to rights if the fence is the property line. As John UK says, the yellow line applies to the carriageway, footway and verges up to the property line. You might consider paying the discount as I can't see a win here at adjudication and that is the only place where you will get a definite decision and you'll have to forego the discount.

Yes, it is all monstrously unfair and a nice little earner for the council who keep your money. Biggest scam in Great Britain currently.
DancingDad
There are definite signs that the proper boundary is at the footway proper edge and that the odd coloured part is the remains of a demolished building.
The fence line further down, change in tarmac on drive and a hard drop from footway to area at the end.

If parking on that bit is traditionally allowed, make the challenge on that.
There does seem like plenty of parking in the area so why that spot or perhaps was it busy?
Match day or market ??

I'm thinking that if council only enforce at busy periods, they are acting unfairly in law
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.