Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking Eye charge for picking up customers in pub
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
swaydog
I was snapped entering and leaving a pub car park over a duration of 12 minutes while waiting for friends to exit pub.(they took longer than I had hoped)
I didn't leave the vehicle nor actually park in an actual parking space .
I'm just wondering the fact that I had no intention of parking means I didn't technically enter in a contract.
I tried uploading on here before to no avail so won't be bothering with this one.
Assuming all else is ok with the notice and signage does the fact that I never "parked" or intended to, mean that I have a valid appeal.
Jlc
The 'grace period' is often 10 minutes.

The keeper should challenge simply that their camera's have only picked up the entry and exit of the vehicle. The driver did not park and decided not the enter into any contract and left.

Expect them to reject...
swaydog
I've already appealed,stating such.
Having now gone down and looked at the small print on the sign it does include " no waiting " but my argument is that as I had no expectation to park there I had no reason to read the signage.
nosferatu1001
You cannot possibly agree to such a contract, as you MUST be able to stop and read the sign, and decide whether to accelt their offer. No acceptance, no contract.
cabbyman
If you have already appealed to them, await their response which must include a POPLA code. While you are waiting, you can start putting together the bones of your POPLA appeal based on the information that you already have from reading the forums and the additional reading you are now going to do, having been told to! wink.gif wink.gif wink.gif

If you haven't yet written to PE, send the following:

Dear sirs,

ref xxxx

I am in receipt of correspondence relating to the above and advise that I was not parked. Your system will, of course, confirm this. Consequently, I require you to cancel this charge or send me the necessary POPLA code in order that I may make my representations to them, with help from my friends at Pepipoo, in order that they will instruct you to cancel..

Love and kisses.
swaydog
Ok cheers everyone I'll do as suggested
Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.