Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: No Yellow lines
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
ChesterD
Hi All,

Just after a quick bit of advice please. Basically the driver of my vehicle came home the other night with a PCN dished out by Stockton Borough Council, for an alleged parking offence in Yarm.
Now, the driver has parked at this particular site many times before & never picked up a ticket even though Yarm is notorious for over zealous wardens. After doing a bit of digging about & had a drive over to the site myself I have noticed that as from Aug 24th this year an extension to the parking restrictions came into play. The ticket that was recieved is for a Code 01 offence - Parked in a restricted street during prescribed hours. I noticed that new DYL's had been recently added to the street but not where the driver had parked. There is old Keep Clear markings where the driver parked but no yellow lines. Am I correct in thinking that to dish out a Code 01 PCN you have to be parked on some sort of yellow line or has the driver not a leg to stand on. There is a couple of lamiated A4 sheets of paper been strapped to an electricity line pole to explain the changes but they are not clear to see unless you walk up to them & read. I have added a pic so you can see what I mean. Any feedback will be much appreciated as I would just like to know if it is worth appealing on the grounds of incorrect PCN code.
Many Thanks in anticipation.
ChesterD
Anyone??? Please. unsure.gif
PASTMYBEST
post up the pcn and council photos redact personal details leave in date time and location also a GSV link would help
ChesterD
Thanks for the response. Will attach the photos I have plus signage on the telegraph pole.

OK, have tried to upload photos as per instructions. Hope they're ok.

GSV link is https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@54.5091849,-...3312!8i6656
PASTMYBEST
Have a read through this thread it will tell you how

http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=36858
ChesterD
Have redone photos & GSV link in post above. Not sure if PCN is readable but can do that again if not.

Thanks again.
PASTMYBEST
IMO where you parked is not covered by yellow lines and hence the restriction is invalid. The police may give you a FPN or even tow your car, but i don't think the council can apply a PCN as no restriction is signed( the keep clear is irrelevant)
ChesterD
Thats exactly what i thought. Really appreciate your help. Do i just put a standard appeal in & expect them to refuse it?
hcandersen
Can't read the PCN, I'm afraid, so no idea what road and whether it's covered in either Schedule.

But if they have created a restriction on a length of road, then they are required to place the appropriate road marking on all parts of this length of road.

But as others have commented, there isn't a road marking on this length of road - the length being that part which is parallel with the centre line. What they've done is to mark in part a transverse part of the road.

But pl repost both sides of the PCN, not just the front. At present we've no idea where and when, and by when you need to submit reps. Deadlines are everything in this game.
ChesterD
Have taken photos of PCN in 4 quarters so that they can be seen better. Hope this helps.

Many thanks again.

PASTMYBEST
You have until the 14th to submit your representations. I would keep it short and simple

As per the photographs the area i was parked is not marked by Yellow lines or any other regulatory signs that convey a restriction, as such no restriction can be enforced

Please confirm this is so and cancel the pcn or supply evidence of the signs or markings you rely on to show any restriction in this area
ChesterD
Yes, I'll send in an appeal at the weekend & let you know the response.

Many thanks.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.