Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Bus Lane - Eden St, Kingston
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
dab0070
My daughter drove through this bus lane and I got this bus lane ticket. I am the owner of the car. I would be grateful for the experts to tell me how best to fight this. I should have posted this earlier, but was away for a few days and did not have time to post it before I went. But I still have time before the 14 day discount period is up.

Tartarus
Here we go again... heh... if you do a search of the forum, you'll find this one is pretty popular! I know about it because I've lived near and through Kingston most of my life, and thus won't get caught out, but a lot of folks don't.

See this thread, and the early replies contained within for some advice: http://forums.pepipoo.com/index.php?showtopic=100015

The signs are poor, assuming they've still not been addressed in the last couple of months...
dab0070
I am thinking of sending this short letter online today, as today is the last day of the 14 day discount:-

"I am the owner of the vehicle, but was not the driver at the time of the alleged contravention.
I refer you to any one of PATAS Case References: 2150055021A, 2140379546, 2150125409 and 2150154553 – all related to poor signage and where the appeals were allowed.
I am not familiar with this area, and the signage indeed is confusing. I therefore request that you cancel this PCN on the grounds of poor signage."

I expect them to decline, and I will post their reply when it comes.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.