Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Parking Eye PCN
FightBack Forums > Queries > Private Parking Tickets & Clamping
Nmac
I received a parking charge notice from parking eye and replied using standard PCN template found online this was rejected so I wrote to POPLA twice. On the 2nd occasion, I reiterated details from 1st letter & objected to the decision not to accept my appeal on the grounds it was submitted late.

My reasons for the time lapse were explained in my 1st correspondence stating , I had required two surgical procedures during the period of 28 April and 22 June and was subsequently extremely ill with a clinical infection after the first operation.

I have now received communication fron POPLA, stating my appeal has been sent to parking eye and will be reviewed on or before 21/9/15. However I have entered verification code into parkingCowboys.co.uk and it states I was not given the full 28 days to appeal in accordance with BPA's code of practice.

I have also received a County Court Claim notification which states I haven't exercised my right to appeal.??? So I have acknowledged claim on moneyclaim.gov.uk requesting extra time to prepare defence but unsure where to go from here if anyone can help??

Thank you in advance.
Albert Ross
Send an email to popla with your appeal code in the subject line.

Include the additional information that contrary to the code of Practice that ParkingEye agreed to abide by
a: They have not given sufficient time for the appeal, 28 days as you state.
b: Are continuing with enforcement actions whilst an appeal is in progress.

Edit:-
See if someone chimes in with "collateral Estoppel"
Nmac
Thank you Albert
Umkomaas
You also need to escalate that same complaint you are making to POPLA to include the DVLA and BPA. I don't think POPLA will be taking any real action to pressurise PE to stop the court nonsense; the DVLA and BPA are likely to have more clout in this context.
nosferatu1001
Trading standards should also be contacted. This fits the definition of bad business practices -misleading and threatening, as they are ignoring ADR and moving straight to court action

You must, however, start to pull together a defence. YOu have not said what your deadline is to provide a defence, please do so.

GO to Amazon and download the parking pranksters guide to defeating parking eye. Use all arguments possible. About the price of a cup of coffee

Incldue that their charge is clearly a penalty that is extravagent and unconscionable, as the local council rate for overstaying is £x / £y and their amount is £Z above this rate. THis means it is not purely a deterrent but incldues a profit element that cannot be justified commercially

A key element will also be that you are attempting to resolve through ADR (give case reference) however PE have, without warning, issued a claim. THis breaches the pre action protocols and then some, and you are asking that the case is struck out on this basis.

Gan and a few others are very good at this - please have a read around for some example defences.
Nmac
Thank you Umkomaas I sent both DVLA & BPA complaints lasts night & the BPA had already replied requesting copies of all correspondence

Thank you for the advice will act on this
nosferatu1001
Please reply as to how long you have to pull together a defense.

If you miss the deadline you will get a default judgement against you, in all likelhood, and that will be more difficult to unwind.
Nmac
Hi apologies for delay I'm not sure how long I have will check paperwork when I get home I submitted AOS on 24/8/15
nosferatu1001
Yo uhave a) put up the same picture 3 times and b) you didnt bother to remove your personal information

Take the info down NOW, I would suggest

When you acknowledged gives a minimum time to prepare, as it was successful - 14 days from the 24/08 is something like 7th September, so you now only have potentially 6 days to pull together a defense and submit it, but possibly as many as 20 (I believe)

Presuming you have had no response, RING POPLA and complain about the PPC, and RING THE BPA and demand they sanction the PPC. Do NOT take bullshit responses for an answer.

Meanwhile, do NOT miss deadlines - put them in your calendar, ASAP.
Nmac
Thanks
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.