Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN received from ealing council...any grounds for appeal?
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
mira2015
Hi,

my sister received couple of days ago a PCN from ealing council. it appears that she has driven into the road that has had signs put recently (less than a month) but she didn't notice them.

Here is a picture of the street with the new signs on both sides which prohibits vehicles and motorcycles to pass (Monday to Friday from 3pm to 7pm)

and here is the PCN that my sister received:

Does she have any grounds for appeal before paying this fine?
Enceladus
Please post all the pages of the PCN. And complete pages only please. Redact your name & address, the PCN number and the vehicle reg. Please leave everything else visible.
mira2015

DancingDad
Time and date of contravention please. Important if only to rule out some queries.
Enceladus
QUOTE (Enceladus @ Wed, 12 Aug 2015 - 21:36) *
Please post all the pages of the PCN. And complete pages only please. Redact your name & address, the PCN number and the vehicle reg. Please leave everything else visible.

When posting documents it is only necessary to redact or obscure your name & address if present, the PCN number and the vehicle registration. Please leave everything else visible especially all times, dates, location and all other council info.
mira2015

Sunny_C
Hi, i have also received this same 52JM charge notice!!

Ealing council have issued multiple number PCN letters as i use this side road daily for my commute home from work. Who would have known using a side road to get home quicker would be considered to be wrong in anyway!

I have also taken a picture similar to the one which you have uploaded and concluded many factors as to why this contravention is misleading and not clear, therefore numerous motorists are unknowingly entering this road and the council are taking advantage and issuing multiple fines! Just the other day within a space of 10mins i saw 5-10 cars enter the road, that's a potential £650 in fines in 10 mins!!

1) The signs are not parallel to each other, the one on the left is actually positioned further into the road rather then fitted on to the post at the beginning of the road at which motorists enter.
This makes it unclear and misleading. This could possibly invalidate the restriction, but further information may need to be obtained by highway agency's which would know more about correct signage.

2) Looking at the back of the posts which the signs have been fixed onto, you can clearly see the jubilee clips being brand new compared to other signs clamped on below it which are rusty.
This confirms that they have recently been fitted however no additional signs have been put around the area to Warn drivers so they acknowledge this new sign and restriction.

3) Looking on Google maps, the signs have been put in place where previous signs use to be!! so they have simply been replaced! for regular users of the road this indicates that by eye your more then likely not to notice them as clearly since they have simply removed some odd other sign and put these ones in its place. Misleading and unclear, clearly a sneaky move by the council.

4) Issuing fines/multiple fines against motorists without clear acknowledgement of this restriction is simply wrong, no one in their right mind would go down the road if they knew they could not do so, especially on numerous occasions daily!! They issue the fine week or so later at which point the driver has used the road daily and has not known otherwise!!

Do we have a case against them? i think so! let the papers know i say! They must have fined hundreds of people!!

Sunny

Sunny_C
Click to view attachment
Dapad116
Hello all. I'm new to the site and I've just recieved the exact same fine? Anyone had success yet?

Enceladus
QUOTE (Sunny_C @ Thu, 13 Aug 2015 - 15:45) *

QUOTE (Dapad116 @ Thu, 20 Aug 2015 - 21:51) *
Hello all. I'm new to the site and I've just recieved the exact same fine? Anyone had success yet?

Each of you should click on the REPORT! button on the left side under your name. Ask the moderator to split you off into separate threads. One thread per PCN is all we can mange on here or we get ourselves in a tangle. Thanks,
WHswallow1933
QUOTE (Enceladus @ Thu, 20 Aug 2015 - 22:02) *
QUOTE (Sunny_C @ Thu, 13 Aug 2015 - 15:45) *

QUOTE (Dapad116 @ Thu, 20 Aug 2015 - 21:51) *

Each of you should click on the REPORT! button on the left side under your name. Ask the moderator to split you off into separate threads. One thread per PCN is all we can mange on here or we get ourselves in a tangle. Thanks,

It looks as if connell crescent is getting a lot of people. I have had two PCN's. There are a few different threads about this one issue, one I started myself.I'm new on the site but surely Enceladus we should use one thread, otherwise it's confusing with so many about the same PCN/place/council and we are all in the same boat of using it for years and now suddenly fines!
Incandescent
YOU need to be taking this up politically (councillor) as well as fighting the PCN. You might consider a joint approach, bearing in mind the sneaky way the council just changed the signs overnight to get the money rolling in.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.