Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Notice to Owner
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
imsofly87
Hey Everyone,
i need some advice.
So i parked in a loading bay (i'm not sure what the sign says, need to go back and check but it far from my house) and went to pick up something for over 5mins but couldnt. As i was coming back i saw the CEO writting a ticket and i drove off before he could finish. A month later i received a this letter asking me to pay £130. I am confused as to why i don't even have the option of the discounted price. Do you guys think there is any way i can appeal this?

PASTMYBEST
We need to see the council photos please You may as well appeal now as there is no more cost, to help we need more info start with the photos of the contravention
imsofly87
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Wed, 5 Aug 2015 - 20:52) *
We need to see the council photos please You may as well appeal now as there is no more cost, to help we need more info start with the photos of the contravention

That is the only thing i received from them. The back just says 'How to challenge the Penalty Notice Charge'. The other part of the paper is the form for appeal. I'm so confused as to what to do and what ground to appeal
PASTMYBEST
Go online and get the photos and give us a gsv link of the spot. We cannot help without information
DancingDad
Just on what you have said.....

Dear Sirs
I stopped in the loading bay on ???? road as I planned to pick up ???? (details needed and some proof if possible)
I could not complete the pick up so returned to my vehicle.
I saw a CEO entering something in his machine but drove off without him serving a PCN.

I therefore challenge the Notice to Owner on two grounds.
The contravention did not occur as I was engaged in loading at the time.
Proof attached
Procedural Impropriety
No PCN was served. The CEO may have started writing one or may have simply been taking some notes but in either case, they had not completed or served a PCN. In these cases, the only action that can be taken to continue enforcement is to serve a Postal PCN.
By serving a Notice to Owner without serving a PCN you have failed to follow prescribed procedure and must cancel the PCN and Notice to Owner.

Hugs and Kisses

Could be some more on the signs and bay as well as the rest of the NTO so pls post that up and see what others say before rushing into print.
imsofly87
QUOTE (PASTMYBEST @ Wed, 5 Aug 2015 - 21:11) *
Go online and get the photos and give us a gsv link of the spot. We cannot help without information

Here's the link on maps:

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/place/Atlanti...2c8873322f12d3e

You can't really see pictures of the sign and i can't find it anywhere on the internet.

QUOTE (DancingDad @ Wed, 5 Aug 2015 - 21:12) *
Just on what you have said.....

Dear Sirs
I stopped in the loading bay on ???? road as I planned to pick up ???? (details needed and some proof if possible)
I could not complete the pick up so returned to my vehicle.
I saw a CEO entering something in his machine but drove off without him serving a PCN.

I therefore challenge the Notice to Owner on two grounds.
The contravention did not occur as I was engaged in loading at the time.
Proof attached
Procedural Impropriety
No PCN was served. The CEO may have started writing one or may have simply been taking some notes but in either case, they had not completed or served a PCN. In these cases, the only action that can be taken to continue enforcement is to serve a Postal PCN.
By serving a Notice to Owner without serving a PCN you have failed to follow prescribed procedure and must cancel the PCN and Notice to Owner.

Hugs and Kisses

Could be some more on the signs and bay as well as the rest of the NTO so pls post that up and see what others say before rushing into print.

Thank you so much for your help!
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.