Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: Double Yellows parking.
FightBack Forums > Discussion > The Flame Pit
tommy2009
Hi.
It's something that's bugged me for years.
When is your car deemed to be parked on yellow lines?
Is it if any part of the car is over the lines, or just the wheels.
I asked a council warden the other day and he said that, in his opinion, he would ticket a car if half the car was on the yellow.
However, he said other wardens interpret the rules differently?
Is the law really as vague as this?
Thanks.
The Rookie
Any part of the car over is an offence/contravention, most councils use the wheels so as to allow for (the legal principle of) de miminis (that trivial offences should not be the concern of the 'law'), that all of course assumes that the DYL's terminate where the TRO says they should!
DancingDad
What Rookie says.
Bear in mind that a vehicle with a long overhang may attract attention even if wheels are not over the DYLs
StuartBu
QUOTE (tommy2009 @ Fri, 31 Jul 2015 - 08:59) *
Hi.
It's something that's bugged me for years.
When is your car deemed to be parked on yellow lines?
Is it if any part of the car is over the lines, or just the wheels.
I asked a council warden the other day and he said that, in his opinion, he would ticket a car if half the car was on the yellow.
However, he said other wardens interpret the rules differently?
Is the law really as vague as this?
Thanks.

I presume you mean when a car is parked at the END of yellows and not adjacent to the run of the yellows ..Personally I'd never park with any part of my car overhanging the end of the yellows as that is too risky .You have no idea how it is going to be viewed .
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2018 Invision Power Services, Inc.