Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: PCN Oldham Council- task Enforcment limited
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Oldham-male
I received a PCN for parking without a valid ticket in February 2014. I do remember getting the ticket and did not have any issue with the ticket the only problem I had is that I forgot to pay the ticket.

Now, the next I have hear about the ticket is my mother calling me on Monday telling me the bailiffs for Task Enforcement Limited was in her house there to collect £450 for the unpaid ticket. She put him on the phone and he was very rude saying that my mum will pay the ticket, I told him she won't be paying it, if anything I'll pay it myself, I told him to put my mother back on and told her not to pay the money but she said she was scared so she wanted to pay it, I told her not to be frightened and tell him to leave the house as I do not live there, it's just that I was still registered at the house but I now live elsewhere.

He then called me back and said that the money needs paying or else he will hunt me down and take my car or any other belongings I have. I informed him that I had had no letters informing me of the unpaid ticket but he said he had spoken to the council and they had sent 4 letters out since then telling me but I had received nothing, my mum and dad are always making sure they pass me my post that gets delivered to the house so I can't see that they have sent me anything.

I'm just wondering where I can go from here, as I don't want the bailiffs to return to my parents as they are very worried and at their age I don't feel the need the stress.

I don't mind paying the ticket, and any reasonable costs enforced by the council but not a chance I am paying the £450 to he bailiff because I know it all there costs added on top!

Help please!!!!
Enceladus
When did you inform the DVLA that you had moved?

The bailiff has no right of enforcement against persons not named on the warrant. So your parents should politely tell him where to go. If he doesn't leave then call the police.

Please ring the Traffic Enforcement Centre (TEC) at Northampton County Court first thing in the morning.
TEC phone = 0300-123 1059, 01604-619 450. They are open 09:00-16:00 Mon-Fri.

Establish the date that the Order for Recovery against you was authorised?
The date of the warrant?
Against what address, on the warrant? (IE current or your previous address(es)?)
Whether or not the warrant has ever been reissued against your current address? And when?
The PCN number if you don't have it?
And ask them to email the appropriate forms for the PCN. IE a Witness Statement or Statutory Declaration, with the applicable Out Of Time application.

Please report back here. If at all possible you need to get the WS & OOT applications submitted PDQ. However we need to optimise your Out Of Time application to maximise your chances of first time success. Make sure you answer the question. IE. why are you late with your WS/SD? The merits or otherwise of the original PCN are irrelevant. The vast majority of applicants fail to answer the question and so are rejected. So you did not receive any postal PCN/Notice To Owner, Charge Certificate or Order for Recovery.

Bailiff enforcement has to cease immediately pending a decision by the court. The objective is to get you re-instated into the process so that the PCNs can be appealed in the normal manner.

BTW the bailiff can only enforce the warrant if is issued against you at the address where you now live. Although they can and will clamp your car if parked in a public place. You could also do some research on Bailiff Advice Online.

So 09:00am you need to be on the phone to the TEC.

And please proceed in the tried and tested manner. IE. Please post up scrubbed scans of both sides of all pages of all documents you have to do with this. Complete pages only please.

Scrubbed = obscure or redact your name & address if applicable, PCN number and vehicle reg. Please leave everything else visible especially all time, date, location and council info.
Oldham-male
Hi, I have never actually informed the DVLA that I have moved out as I have currently have no real fixed address, I currently have a work contract in London and move from hotel to hotel each week, so officially I suppose my home address is My parents but I will never live there again.

Does this affect anything?
Enceladus
Is this relating to a postal PCN or one served on site (attached to your windscreen)?

Please post up scrubbed scans of whatever you have available. And ring the TEC in the morning and report back.

The bailiff has no right to enforce against other persons at the address, only against you. Tell your parents not to let the bailiff into the house and please don't pay him any money. It's exponentially more difficult to get it back if they do pay.

Let's see is there any possibility to get you reinstated into the PCN appeal process. That starts with submitting a Witness Statement and Out of Time application. Or a Statutory Declaration & OOT application for a moving traffic or bus lane contravention. Bailiff enforcement has to cease immediately a valid application is made to the court, pending a decision.

BTW. Have you informed your insurer that the car is kept and used in London and not in Oldham? Did they agree to it? Failure to disclose such a material fact will almost certainly void the policy. They will be perfectly within their rights to refuse to pay out if you need to make a claim or somebody claims against you. If that happens you will find it very difficult and expensive to get insurance in the future.
Incandescent
So, you forgot to pay the PCN, or challenge it. Usually this is not a fatal error because you normally get a Notice to Owner sent by post to the person and address on the V5 document unless you got a postal PCN.

What we really do need to see is the original PCN if you still have it. Was it attached to your car or served by post ? If it was postal then a Notice to Owner is not issued as the postal PCN sent to the registered keeper on the V5 acts as one. So as you did nothing about the PCN, apart from the NtO , after that the next document to be sent out is the Charge Certificate. This increases the amount by 50% and announces that if not paid the charge will be registered with the TEC at Northampton. Then after that the TEC issue an Order for Recovery and give an opportunity for you to say why you have not responded. If nothing then happens, bailiffs are instructed.

So clearly something has happened to several documents that would have been sent to your parents house, (the address on your V5). Are you absolutely sure nothing has been received ? You are going to really struggle to overturn the bailiff action based on your current story. So do as 'Enceladus' advises, pronto !!
Oldham-male
Hi, thanks for your replies.

The original ticket was placed on my windscreen, I forgot to pay that and totally forgot but I didn't receive anything to remind me, the first reminder was the bailiff knocking on my parents door although he supposedly called the council in front of my mother and they reeled off 4 dates where letters were sent out to me?? But I receive nothing!

Also, I no longer have the car in question as it was sold due to me coming to London to work as I no longer need a vehicle.

What exactly do I need to ask Notthampton court tomorrow as I don't quite understand some of the things you were mentioning?

Your help is very much appreciated
Incandescent
The fact you have sold the car is irrelevant, the bailiffs are after your money, to pay the council its PCN penalty money plus their own expenses. You can either pay them, or they will take possession of goods to sell and get the money. To stop them seizing goods you have to get them withdrawn hence the need to contact TEC.

Enceladus advises to ring TEC. I expect this will be to find out when the council registered the debt, and to what address. You seem somewhat vague on whether you did or didn't receive (1) Notice to Owner, (2) Charge Certificate, and (3) Order for Recovery. (1) allows you to submit a formal appeal, and (3) allows you to make a Witness Statement that if accepted reverts the matter to the NtO stage, when you can appeal or pay-up the PCN penalty. You have done neither.

I would think you will need to submit an Out-of-Time Witness Statement stating that you didn't receive the Notice to Owner, but hopefully Enceladus will confirm.
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2024 Invision Power Services, Inc.