Help - Search - Members - Calendar
Full Version: NTO Staffordshire moorlands
FightBack Forums > Queries > Council Parking Tickets & Clamping and Decriminalised Notices
Big V
Hello all. My son has revealed that he received a PCN which he binned !!! He has now received the NTO for it. Can you please have a look and see if anything's appealable on it.

Having not seen the PCN I can't say if it had any photos on it, nor are there any available on the Staffordshire CC website.
Thank you in advance.
Vaughan.
PASTMYBEST
Is this the place

https://www.google.co.uk/maps/@53.147835,-1...#33;6m1!1e1

Need others to comment on the validity of the signs they appear to be sign 637

http://www.legislation.gov.uk/uksi/1994/1519/schedule/2/made

SCHEDULE 2
Big V
Yes it's along there. There is a marked stretch further on but he wasn't in it. As a new driver I guess he thought it was just a country lane.
Vaughan.
PASTMYBEST
QUOTE (Big V @ Mon, 13 Jul 2015 - 20:40) *
Yes it's along there. There is a marked stretch further on but he wasn't in it. As a new driver I guess he thought it was just a country lane.
Vaughan.

Those signs were withdrawn in 1994 but no timescale was set for there removal, I am not sure if they are legal now on there own or need DYL
Incandescent
I know this road very well. Many people go walking and climbing on the Roaches here, and parking at weekends got problematic so the council made it a special parking zone. There are signs about every 30-40 yards advising that parking is only allowed in the marked bays. Presumably your son ignored them all, hence a PCN was issued which he then threw away !

So, whose name is on the V5, his or yours ? The NtO is sent to the owner which is assumed the name and address on the V5 vehicle registration document. The discount period has long passed, so one could say it is a no-brainer to play it out all the way to TPT, (the adjudicators), but you need a good appeal ground. Although GSV shows the signs, and I have seen them within the last 2 years, some may have disappeared. So if you are prepared to do the homework, (like visit Roach Road and see where the signs are and if there is a sign on entry to the parking zone), then you could assemble an appeal. Lets face it, you might as well, because this parking zone may be open to challenge, as Staffordshire Moorlands is a pretty dozy council. They were trying to get 2% for use of credit cards to pay PCNs until quite recently, and certainly way past the TPT decision on this.
Big V
Incandescent, it's his car so his name on the V5. I'll have a run up there to see how it looks. I was up a few weeks back and I saw the signs!! We'll have a look at the weekend since it's all or nothing now anyway until August 5th.
Thanks.
Edit to say its Staffs county council not SMDC.
hcandersen
OP, the NTO you've posted is non-compliant with the regulations and would guarantee a win at appeal. Which begs the question, is this the complete NTO?

You've posted 2 sides which suggests only a single sheet. Please confirm whether this is the full NTO and if not not pl post the missing pages.
Big V
hcandersen, I've asked both my son and his mother and they insist that was all that was in the envelope. What's missing from it?
This is a "lo-fi" version of our main content. To view the full version with more information, formatting and images, please click here.
Invision Power Board © 2001-2019 Invision Power Services, Inc.