Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

DART Charge PNC
samira1979
post Thu, 5 Mar 2015 - 18:41
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 74,727

Hi,

I passed more than a month ago through Dart crossing and I did not know about the new system. At the time I wondered why the booths were not working. Anyway, I did not know anything and I did not see any sign.

I received 3 days ago two PNC letters (for outward and inward journey on the same day) and they offered me to pay £2.5 per each PNC in 14 days to cancel them. I paid at one online and kept the receipts.

Now I have two questions:
-are PNCs really cancelled or should I do anything? Honestly, I am not trusting their systems
-Is there anyway to check whether they were cancelled and can I get any confirmation in writing from them?

Thanks
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Thu, 5 Mar 2015 - 18:41
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
I am Weasel
post Fri, 6 Mar 2015 - 01:47
Post #2

Member No.: 27,840

1. Keep the receipt
  2. Keep the letter where they offer to let you settle each ticket for the original £2.50
  3. Stop worrying and get on with your life

If they subsequently try and pursue you after offering to cancel them provided you pay the £2.50 then they are bound to lose any adjudication. We have had a few people in similar situations and have not heard anything about penalties being levied if payment was promptly made

About 4 weeks ago I went over the crossing and forgot to pay by the deadline. When I remembered, I simply went to the website and paid for a single crossing albeit a couple of days late. I have heard nothing since

+Quote Post
emanresu
post Fri, 6 Mar 2015 - 06:11
Post #3

Member No.: 13,324

If you are that worried, call them up. Very pleasant people to talk to and it will put your mind at rest.

+Quote Post
samira1979
post Fri, 6 Mar 2015 - 12:02
Post #4

Member No.: 74,727

Thank you all for your help. Actually the reason for my worry is immigration matters and so I was looking for some confirmation that the PCNs were cancelled.

As you said I will give them a call

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 7th July 2020 - 16:14
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.