PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

DVLA, release of details
Salmosalaris
post Mon, 14 Jan 2013 - 18:58
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 59,283

I have requested information as to whether PPC requested RK details ( my car ) and when. I have been asked to use a V888 and to explain why I want them.??
Advice please

--------------------
Note, I am not legally qualified and not offering legal advice .Liability for application of anything I say lies with the reader
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 8)
Advertisement
post Mon, 14 Jan 2013 - 18:58
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
The Slithy Tove
post Mon, 14 Jan 2013 - 19:00
Post #2

Member No.: 52,178

The V888 is the form used to get the registered keeper details. This is NOT what you want. You need to go back to the DVLA, and make it an FoI request to see who has been requesting YOUR data. Spell it out in words of few syllables, as they often fail to understand.

+Quote Post
Salmosalaris
post Mon, 14 Jan 2013 - 19:10
Post #3

thanks

--------------------
Note, I am not legally qualified and not offering legal advice .Liability for application of anything I say lies with the reader

+Quote Post
Glacier2
post Mon, 14 Jan 2013 - 19:38
Post #4

Member No.: 1,131

There is no need to tell them why you want the details. It is none of their business.

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Mon, 14 Jan 2013 - 20:20
Post #5

Member No.: 317

It's a Data Access Request you need to make (as in who was given access to your data)....

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
Salmosalaris
post Mon, 14 Jan 2013 - 20:26
Post #6

And unless I'm reading the relevant webpage from DVLA incorrectly, I have to cough up a fiver ?

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hotel Oscar 87
post Mon, 14 Jan 2013 - 23:55
Post #7

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 7,833

A s.7 DPA Subject Access Request will only provide you with details that the DVLA hold on you, not the details of others who have submitted enquiries about your vehicle making use of either a manual V888 route or via the DVLA's EDI. The information you are requesting is no personal data (within the meaning of the Act) but information about companies. You should simply write to the DVLA requesting that they they provide you with the details of who has been making enquiries about your vehicle - giving its details and, preferably, proof of ownership (copy of the V5C - even though they could confirm that themselves). Setting out a period in which you believe the(se) enquiry(ies) have been made would make their life somewhat easier. Write to:

Release of Information
Paying Enquiries Section
DVLA
Swansea
SA99 1AJ

--------------------
“Political correctness is a doctrine, fostered by a delusional, illogical minority, and rabidly promoted by an unscrupulous mainstream media, which holds forth the proposition that it is entirely possible to pick up a tu.rd by the clean end.” - R.J. Wiedemann, Lt. Col. USMC Ret.

+Quote Post
bama
post Tue, 15 Jan 2013 - 10:56
Post #8

Member No.: 4,323

QUOTE (Salmosalaris @ Mon, 14 Jan 2013 - 20:26) *
And unless I'm reading the relevant webpage from DVLA incorrectly, I have to cough up a fiver ?

No
see HO87's post

--------------------
Which facts in any situation or problem are “essential” and what makes them “essential”? If the “essential” facts are said to depend on the principles involved, then the whole business, all too obviously, goes right around in a circle. In the light of one principle or set of principles, one bunch of facts will be the “essential” ones; in the light of another principle or set of principles, a different bunch of facts will be “essential.” In order to settle on the right facts you first have to pick your principles, although the whole point of finding the facts was to indicate which principles apply.

Note that I am not legally qualified and any and all statements made are "Reserved". Liability for application lies with the reader.

+Quote Post
Salmosalaris
post Tue, 15 Jan 2013 - 20:32
Post #9

Thanks all, letter gone ,

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Sunday, 28th November 2021 - 07:50
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.