PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Off Street Parking?, Go to adjudicator or not?
kieran_smith
post Sun, 16 Sep 2012 - 14:39
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 57,190

Hi there,

I was wondering if anybody could help. I recently received a Council PCN in a residents parking bay which has been unenforcable for years now. All the residents are/were aware it was fine to park there and for that reason I never bothered to get a residents permit. Then about a week ago I get a PCN and write to the council to appeal. They tell me that a new Parking Places Order (PPO) has come into force around there and now it is enforceable. Apparently a paper sign was stuck to the lamppost to let us know but I can't say I noticed it.

In response to this I put my argument forward that the bay is not marked out, there is only a few lines, the rest have completely gone (see pictures http://imageshack.us/g/811/imag1470f.jpg/).

Their response: The area in which your vehicle was parked is an ‘off street’ parking area, therefore it is not part of the Public Highway and does not need to comply with the Traffic Signs Regulations and General Directions 2002. The sign advises that parking is for permit holders only and bay markings are not required.

Does anyone know if this area is meant to be "off street" shouldn't it have one of those signs that says either "permit holders only past this point" or "controlled parking zone" as you drive in? Or should I just bite the bullet and pay them the money?

Any help would be much appreciated. Many Thanks in advance, Kieran
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Advertisement
post Sun, 16 Sep 2012 - 14:39
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
hcandersen
post Sun, 16 Sep 2012 - 16:52
Post #2

Group: Members
Member No.: 21,551

What, where, when? We know the who.

Pl post the PCN, keep in the location, times etc.

HCA

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Thursday, 28th March 2024 - 14:13
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here