PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Small Temporary Sign on Harpsden Street, Battersea, Two fines for Turning Right on very unclear written sign.
Marky John
post Wed, 8 Aug 2012 - 14:26
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 54,873

I have recently been fined twice to the value of £130,(within 14 days) for performing a right turn; which I have done for the past two years without complaint.

I only became aware of alleged contravention, when I received the fines; so when I came back to photograph the sign, I noticed that it was absent. A gentleman from a local cab office informed me that there was a small sign stuck low down on a lampost out of sight; and a few of his drivers had also been fined but the sign had since been removed. I am a very observant driver, and I definitely didn't notice it.

Is it worth contesting this? Any advice would be greatly appreciated?
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Wed, 8 Aug 2012 - 14:26
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Gan
post Wed, 8 Aug 2012 - 14:40
Post #2

Member No.: 27,239

Are these police tickets ?

If not, this thread should be in the council tickets forum

Post up what you've received, hiding your personal details, but leave all the dates.

Also post any photographs of the signs or their absence

+Quote Post
The Rookie
post Wed, 8 Aug 2012 - 20:13
Post #3

Member No.: 317

The amount and single letter suggests a council de-crim PCN.

--------------------
There is no such thing as a law abiding motorist, just those who have been scammed and those yet to be scammed!

S172's
Rookies 1-0 Kent

Council PCN's
Rookies 1-0 Warwick
Rookies 1-0 Birmingham

PPC PCN's
Rookies 10-0 PPC's

+Quote Post
bama
post Wed, 8 Aug 2012 - 22:49
Post #4

Member No.: 4,323

get good pic coverage of the location that shows the absence of signs - asap, before they fix it

--------------------
Which facts in any situation or problem are “essential” and what makes them “essential”? If the “essential” facts are said to depend on the principles involved, then the whole business, all too obviously, goes right around in a circle. In the light of one principle or set of principles, one bunch of facts will be the “essential” ones; in the light of another principle or set of principles, a different bunch of facts will be “essential.” In order to settle on the right facts you first have to pick your principles, although the whole point of finding the facts was to indicate which principles apply.

Note that I am not legally qualified and any and all statements made are "Reserved". Liability for application lies with the reader.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Saturday, 15th August 2020 - 07:02
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.