PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

PCN from Hospital Car Park. A funny little story :)
Phil_H
post Wed, 14 Dec 2011 - 20:05
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 51,787

Evening all....

I thought I'd share a little story with you....

Ok, so around 6 months ago I had to rush one of my lads to hospital, it was the usual drive round for ages looking for a spot and end up parking with everybody else on the grass banks around Kings Lynn Queen Elizabeth Hospital. No time to get a ticket due to a little bit of blood and a nice head wound...anyway long story short I got a "Parking Charge Notice". I have ignored it as per most advice online, had the letters from "County Parking" and then the letters from Philips Debt collectors. I got my Final letter today from County saying that they will be applying to Northampton court etc etc..

Anyway...again a few weeks back I had a routine appointment at said hospital, parked up (on the grass again) got my wallet out and was about 20p to short of the minimum £3.60 or what ever it is, I had some notes and plenty of time so off I popped to get some change from the shop inside the Hospital...guess what I had when i got back, I reckon the lovely enforcer was waitig for me lol!

This time though I didn't even open the PCN and left it in my car, the reason I didn't open it this time was because of the wording on it! "WARNING, Unauthorised persons must not remove or Interfere with this notice"

So today on one of my routine trips to the hospital I thoguht I do a little test. I park on the grass again, this time it took forever to even find a spare bit of grass! I put the old "PCN" back on the window, when I returned there was a parking attendent stood chatting to some workman by my car. He asked me what the ticket was on my car as he'd not issued it. I said I wasn't sure what it was as it had been there a while and I wasn't sure if I was authorised to open it due to the wording on it. He said "course your authorised" "its on your car!" I said I could't find it written anywhere saying who could open it, I even asked him if he was authorised, he refused to remove it or touch it and said it was mine! This little chat back and forth went on for a while (the workmen found it very ammusing). I was very polite at all times. The guy couldn't give me a valid answer though, he said that they'll come after me smile.gif I gave him a little wave as I drove off PCN still stuck on my screen. And the funny thing was he'd been stood there knowing I had no ticket and that I had an old PCN on my window...but must have been so confused about the situation that he hadn't issued a new one smile.gif

I'm not a trouble maker and make many visits to the hospital and others and always pay to park when its possible!

So to that end...

What are your views on this "wording" and has anybody ever been taken to court from "County Parking"

Phil

This post has been edited by Phil_H: Wed, 14 Dec 2011 - 20:17
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Wed, 14 Dec 2011 - 20:05
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
albert2008
post Wed, 14 Dec 2011 - 20:16
Post #2

Member No.: 21,857

it does not take much to confuse an idiot,

+Quote Post
DBC
post Wed, 14 Dec 2011 - 20:24
Post #3

Member No.: 33,505

Believe it or not that little gem about an "authorised person" is part of the BPA guidelines. What nobody has been able to answer is what constitutes an authorised person and how that authority is granted. Of course some PPCs even go one step further and have the warning "it is an offence for anyone but the driver to remove this notice". All nonsense of course.

+Quote Post
glasgow_bhoy
post Thu, 15 Dec 2011 - 11:31
Post #4

Member No.: 22,424

Love it!! Would have been funny to watch!

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 25th September 2020 - 17:20
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.