PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Nip after 74 days
tazted2001
post Sat, 2 Jul 2011 - 09:13
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 38,757

Hi, just recieved my Nip, I was the driver, and am not disputing it, but it states that I can go on the speed awareness coarse, but it says that they must recieve the drivers admission before 74 days, but as I didnt get the nip until day, 80 days after the offence.
I do want to do the coarse, so I dont get the points, but cant phone them till 10am monday, any ideas please.

thanks

ted
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 1)
Advertisement
post Sat, 2 Jul 2011 - 09:13
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
desktop_demon
post Sat, 2 Jul 2011 - 09:21
Post #2

Group Icon

Group: Life Member
Member No.: 21,303

Was the OP the registered keeper and was this the first NIP sent? I mean (for example) was this a works van or a hire car - such that the original NIP was sent out to someone else. I ask because an original NIP sent to the registered keeper received on day 74 would be useless for a prosecution. However the OP MUST respond to any request to identify the driver. That must be done within 28 days of receiving the NIP. Fill int he form, sign it, keep a copy and return by recorded delivery post. if a SAC was offered then it should be available as long as the OP replies within 28 days.

But please note, as SAC have no legal standing, it seems the police can offer and withdraw or amend the offer as they see fit. Generally they want the alleged offender to take the course. But they can play games sometimes.

However the OP has only one thing to do - fill in teh s.172 response to name the driver and return it. There is NOTHING else that can realistically be done at this stage. The Police will decide what they decide. Phone calls rarely do anything in cases like this but sometimes help relieve the stress. As I said (unless the accused is a right pain or totally unable to reply) - the police will normally offer a SAC.

Good luck

This post has been edited by desktop_demon: Sat, 2 Jul 2011 - 09:24

--------------------
When your life finally flashes in front of you - let's hope there's something worth watching.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Friday, 13th December 2019 - 04:41
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.