PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

CP Plus
express444555
post Fri, 6 May 2011 - 18:25
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 46,435

Hi all, 1st time poster but long time viewer...
As a Chauffeur i tend to use the service stations for a rest from time to time on long runs & as a result roughly every 6 weeks or so i get a 'parking charge notice' from CP Plus.
On the advice of this forum i ignore them & they do the same after 2 or 3 letters.
Next week i will be staying overnight at a Travelodge with free parking for its customers but this is managed by CP Plus.
It occurred to me earlier that as i have to enter my car reg number at the Hotel to qualify for the free parking that the parking firm may turn up & clamp me due to non payment of 'fines'.
Maybe me being paranoid but what do you guys think about this & has anyone heard of such a thing.
A reply would be greatly appreciated..
P.s I probably have had 20 'fines' in the last 2yrs.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 3)
Advertisement
post Fri, 6 May 2011 - 18:25
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
Gan
post Fri, 6 May 2011 - 19:02
Post #2

Member No.: 27,239

Clamping for an alleged debt would be a criminal offence although that's not much comfort when you're on the road.

If you're really concerned, is it somewhere you can simply buy a tcket to display and forget the free parking - or of course stay somewhere else ?

+Quote Post
express444555
post Fri, 6 May 2011 - 19:16
Post #3

Member No.: 46,435

Thanks Gan, i am staying at a Travelodge at the M4 services.
The website says free customer parking but you need to enter reg number at reception as not to get a parking fine.
The car will be parked there for 22hrs whilst i wait for my customer & i will be 250 miles from home so do not know the area to park elswhere.
I am just worried i would be clamped & the job will turn bad.
I guess i could stay elswhere to solve the problem but it only crossed my mind earlier ohmy.gif

+Quote Post
SchoolRunMum
post Fri, 6 May 2011 - 21:05
Post #4

Member No.: 32,130

I cannot recall ever reading about a CP Plus clamping so I don't think it's part of their business model at all.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 7th July 2020 - 15:14
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.