PePiPoo Helping the motorist get justice Support health workers

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

NIP - RED LIGHT TRAFFIC OFFENCE, How should one reply , etc
Jakereilly
post Thu, 25 Feb 2010 - 21:32
Post #1

Group: Members
Member No.: 35,561

Hi there , - Doing this on behalf of a freind.

Red light Camera

Date of offence;31st January 2010 8am
Have you received a NIP? - Yes ( hire car company has, driver personally hasnt)
Are you the Registered Keeper of the vehicle concerned (is your name and address on the V5/V5C)? - No - Circle Leasing
Did the first NIP arrive within 14 days? - Unsure
Although you are the Registered Keeper, were you also the keeper of the vehicle concerned (the person normally responsible for it) at the time of the alleged offence? - Person in charge of vehicle at time of offence
Were you driving? - Unsure
Do you know who was driving? - Unsure who was driving

So here are the basics , the offence was alledgedly committed on 31st January , as it is a hire car the NIP was originally sent to "Circle Leasing" (date unknown) - who then told the ticket office the cars leased to "Direct accident "(hire car company) - Direct accident recieved the NIP on the 17th Feb , (They then told the Ticket office whom they belive was in charge of the car at the time , ) But the hirer is still yet to recieve an NIP personally.

When it does arrive (if?) , could you please advise of what to do next , trying to look for the letters referred to in the "Completed case post below" but Cannot find them , is the below the right course to take ? , if somebody can bring up the example letters would be great

"we had a loan car , and ended up going through a red light camera, anyhow once the NIP had travelled from the camera office to the car hire place then back to the camera office then to me it was now nearly 2 months from the date of the offence, so I ran a few searches on the web and found this site. Copied the first letter about asking for more photographic evidence and got sent a colour blow up of the little black and white shot that appears on the NIP. Used the second letter, as the image in the picture was indistinguishable, again from this site, giving the full name and address of my wife and myself.
About 2 weeks passed and still had no reply from the camera office until a letter stating they would take no further action this time," but this was not a presidence for further incidents, and it also said that we should keep basic records at home as to who drives what car and when.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Start new topic
Replies (1 - 5)
Advertisement
post Thu, 25 Feb 2010 - 21:32
Post #

Advertise here!

Quote Post
peterguk
post Thu, 25 Feb 2010 - 21:47
Post #2

Member No.: 14,720

QUOTE (Jakereilly @ Thu, 25 Feb 2010 - 21:32) *
But the hirer is still yet to recieve an NIP personally.

When it does arrive (if?) , could you please advise of what to do next

Probably best if your friend completes the NIP Wizard when they receive their NIP. Then they can answer questions directly.

This post has been edited by peterguk: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 - 21:49

--------------------

+Quote Post
Gan
post Thu, 25 Feb 2010 - 23:50
Post #3

Member No.: 27,239

I'm a bit puzzled here.

Are you saying that somebody entered into correspondence with the police before receiving a NIP ?

Your friend has been very lucky this time - wonder if somebody in the camera office realised that, if they worked through the normal sequence of NIPS, the offence was likely to time-out.

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Thu, 25 Feb 2010 - 23:58
Post #4

QUOTE (Gan @ Thu, 25 Feb 2010 - 23:50) *
I'm a bit puzzled here.

Are you saying that somebody entered into correspondence with the police before receiving a NIP ?

Your friend has been very lucky this time - wonder if somebody in the camera office realised that, if they worked through the normal sequence of NIPS, the offence was likely to time-out.

I think the reference to "taking no further action" in OP's post is a quote from another thread... (Difficult to understand due to bad presentation and grammar).

OP's friend hasn't even received their NIP yet.

This post has been edited by peterguk: Thu, 25 Feb 2010 - 23:59

--------------------

+Quote Post
Jakereilly
post Fri, 26 Feb 2010 - 00:11
Post #5

Member No.: 35,561

QUOTE (peterguk @ Thu, 25 Feb 2010 - 23:58) *
I'm a bit puzzled here.

I think the reference to "taking no further action" in OP's post is a quote from another thread... (Difficult to understand due to bad presentation and grammar).

Correct im quoting somebody elses post there and wondering where i can get those documents from / is it likely to work

+Quote Post
peterguk
post Fri, 26 Feb 2010 - 00:13
Post #6

QUOTE (Jakereilly @ Fri, 26 Feb 2010 - 00:11) *
QUOTE (peterguk @ Thu, 25 Feb 2010 - 23:58) *
I'm a bit puzzled here.

Correct im quoting somebody elses post there and wondering where i can get those documents from / is it likely to work

Simply stating you can't remember who was driving will not work.

Please read my post no. 2.

--------------------

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Advertisement

Advertise here!

RSS Lo-Fi Version Time is now: Tuesday, 16th April 2024 - 11:23
Pepipoo uses cookies. You can find details of the cookies we use here along with links to information on how to manage them.
Please click the button to accept our cookies and hide this message. We’ll also assume that you’re happy to accept them if you continue to use the site.
IPS Driver Error

IPS Driver Error

There appears to be an error with the database.
You can try to refresh the page by clicking here